WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking closely at my Speedy Pro and noticed that beyond the edge of the dial near the crystal (near the "rehaut" area and the crystal) is a very thin rim of brown gunk. What is this stuff? I can't wash it off. The seal between the crystal and the watch is good, because it has seen some water with no problems. Sorry for the lack of photos, but I do not have the ability to take macro shots. How is the crystal attached to the case?

Does anyone else have this? Look at the dial at a very small angle relative to the horizontal to see it (it is not visible from overhead).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Checked mine and is clear of substance. Sounds like gaskit-goo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you taken to it with some mild soap and a toothbrush? I've had all sorts of environmental gunk buildup in varisous nooks and crannies of my watches over the years; especially when i was in high school....sweaty teenagers just seem to be dirty all the time! :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you taken to it with some mild soap and a toothbrush? I've had all sorts of environmental gunk buildup in varisous nooks and crannies of my watches over the years; especially when i was in high school....sweaty teenagers just seem to be dirty all the time! :p
Mild soap and toothbrush on a Speedy - sacrilege. There has to be a better way. What next, Brasso on a PO? :think:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does the trick on my SMP. Good for getting in around the case back and the bracelet. I just take it in the shower with me and give it a quick scrub. Its not like its acid and steel wool or anything :-d

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I dont have any suggestions on de-gunking a Speedy,i would have gone at it with toothbrush and soapy water myself,but i recall a Speedy owner on TZ that did exactly that and ended up with water in the case....so beware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts