WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to produce a custom made mechanical watch.

I need tips on finding reputable OEM manufacturers, preferably in Asia as it will be cheaper to produce without necessarily the loss in quality.

What's your recommendation?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I have read a lot about people having watches made in China, and Reliable is not one of the terms I see in their stories ;-) You can also read a lot about our forum watch and all the delays we have/had to cope with.

I guess IanC will chime in here, as he is currently in the process of having his own watch built. You can also read his thread about it: https://www.watchuseek.com/f72/custom-chinese-watch-project-part-2-a-626915.html

Regards,

Martin

Hey guys, I'm looking to produce a custom made mechanical watch.

I need tips on finding reputable OEM manufacturers, preferably in Asia as it will be cheaper to produce without necessarily the loss in quality.

What's your recommendation?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
This is what i know so far :

You have the big names like Seagull that have very large, well established operations. They will probably do a much better job than the small factories, but will also charge you a lot more and have MOQs of 500 watches.

Then you have all the small factories listed on the web, on places like alibaba. Very little is known about them, so you are taking a huge risk because you have no idea what to expect (unless you can go visit their factory or something). It's not like you can read a few reviews for a factory to get an idea of how good they are...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts