WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Tuna Can or possibly a Franken Tuna -

I have the idea that these are an Asian market item? :-s US retailers do not seem to carry these in my area and I have seen little evidence of them at US-based online retailers.

So, where did you US-based WUSers get your Tunas? :think: Looking for some references to a reputable source.

Thanks in advance!:thanks

DJ

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Try Higuchi-san. Just google "Higuchi" and you'll find it - purchased about half a dozen watches from his shop in Japan and delivery/service/communication has been outstanding. You'll have to email him to get a price, but its all very easy.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I got my 300M Tuna from Higuchi-san.:) There is also Seiya-san, but he is unfortunately ill, and his site is currently closed. Anyway, these two gentlemen have it pretty much covered with Japan-only Seikos, and their excellent reputations are well deserved

A word about Katsu Higuchi. He runs a watch shop in addition to his Internet business, and his email response can be a little slow at times. I mention this only because I sometimes read unwarranted criticism of him on the various boards from customers with unrealistic expectations about what ordering a watch from Japan actually entails.

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html

http://kseiya.zoovy.com/

BTW, what is a Franken-Tuna? It doesn't sound very desirable whatever it is.:-s

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If you mean the current Tuna Can's that Seiko produce, then take a look at Seiyajapan.com, or higuchi-inc.com. Both are excellent dealers who provide brand new watches from Japan for very good prices. Seiya San prices all his watches in US Dollars, and shipping is included too. He's ill at the mo', so it may take some time if you order from him, but he's one of the best around.

As for the originals, ebay would be a good place to start. An original was on the 'bay last week and went for $660US.

All the best,

Alex;-)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
there is a post over at SCWF about Higuchi just getting back from vacation and he has over 400 emails to respond to, so if you contact higuchi (very relaible source) it may take sometime before he gets back to you, but he will.

good luck the tuna rules.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
define little bit more

tuna is the 300m diver, tuna can is often might be refered to 600m/1000m versions;)

both brand enw can be bought from higuchi or seiya san

or 2nd hand from forumers :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, what is a Franken-Tuna? It doesn't sound very desirable whatever it is.:-s
I guess you might call the Franken-Tuna a "non-sawtooth" tuna. I'm guessing it's because they look like a Seiko Monster was squeezed into the Tuna Can, hence Franken-Tuna.

They have SKZ24-K- or SKZ25-K- series numbers.

A couple examples - Black Dial SKZ255K1, Blue Dial SKZ245K1

DJ

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I guess you might call the Franken-Tuna a "non-sawtooth" tuna. I'm guessing it's because they look like a Seiko Monster was squeezed into the Tuna Can, hence Franken-Tuna...DJ
Okay. I understand. For a moment there I thought it was some sort of bastardized Tuna...more Feiko than Seiko.

Those new Seiko 5 divers are beasts! Shane posted about them very recently. 50mm of attitude!

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=99138

1 - 10 of 10 Posts