WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears our Spanish neighbor forum Relojes Especiales has started discussing their fourth Amphibian SE project, and this one is dedicated to Pripyat and the Chernobyl liquidators, featuring a nuclear theme and a full lume dial. It looks like there may be up to 250 watches, but signups are temporarily halted at 100 people until the finalized design is decided soon. I do not see an anticipated price listed, but it will likely be around $200 like previous editions. I am not a participant and can't answer all questions, I am only sharing for those who may be interested, you can follow along here: https://www.relojes-especiales.com/foros/proyecto-vostok-re-se-iv/

bisel2.jpg T0156.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

This is fascinating and crosses over twin interests of mine, watches and the Chernobyl disaster! I’m guessing that - as this is the first I’ve ever heard of it, and I’m not a Spanish speaker - I have little chance of getting on the list for one of these. Although I’d love one. That caseback design is fantastic.

But I’m just as interested in the process behind the project. Is this something that Vostok only do for select clients, or can anyone order a limited run of custom designed watches?

I will now go and do my own research, but thought I’d post the question here in case anyone who knows more about this would like to add to the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to register first - but I can’t register because it includes a random question: Complete the phrase "With time and a ..."

I don’t know what this phrase is, I assume it’s a Spanish saying, and the answer needs to be in Spanish. So I’m stuck!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
You need to register first - but I can’t register because it includes a random question: Complete the phrase "With time and a ..."

I don’t know what this phrase is, I assume it’s a Spanish saying, and the answer needs to be in Spanish. So I’m stuck!
same problem here...

·
Registered
692 Posts

same problem here...
Can you copy-paste the phrase in spanish please?

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
They've been working on this since last September. It does look like they might go up to 250 pieces. They posted a sign up sheet on Feb 10 for participants 150-250, which says is open for sign ups until the 20th. I like that 160 case!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Also, I'm one of the three guys who are organizating this project. The project is already finished and only is needed to finish the interested list.

Now we are confirming the interest of the first guys who enroled in the project long time ago, it's going to be 200 watches, and many are already confirmed. But during these days (maybe the 21 of February) we are going to open the list again to all those who want to sign up,until reaching 200.

To protect the comrades who have been active in the project and who could not sign up for the list of interested before we closed it, registered members on RE forum before 01/02/2020 have priority to enrol. This priority last 2 days, then all have the same treatment

If you have some questions, you can ask me, but i'm not native english speaker, so maybe it takes a little bit to respond, and maybe with some mistakes. If is general question i prefert to be asked here in this thread, to be visible to all who can be interested.

·
Registered
584 Posts
With zero spanish lang. knowledge I registered and now part of the project long ago. google translate is my best friend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL! So I copy/pasted the word “daño” as the answer, but now the question has changed! I’m really keen to sign up for this, hut it’s not easy...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The new phrase is, “Once a year does not...” can anyone help with the answer to this one?

·
Registered
101 Posts
From my googling I think the phrase is "once in a while won't hurt" which I think is "una vez al año no hace daño" so daño should be correct. I should say I have NO knowledge of spanish.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts