WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Cheers but the 310 are accounted for on the spreadsheet.

I'm still fizzing about missing the Baikal.... :)
Those names were on the spreadsheet before the final list thread opened. Why would they open a thread at midnight for people to have an opportunity to sign up? Maybe I’m missing something?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Those names were on the spreadsheet before the final list thread opened. Why would they open a thread at midnight for people to have an opportunity to sign up? Maybe I’m missing something?

I'm struggling with this too.

I have a really rudimentary understanding of Spanish and really wish I knew it better.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I'm struggling with this too.

I have a really rudimentary understanding of Spanish and really wish I knew it better.
Who's in or not isn't settled yet from what I can make out. There were multiple sign up lists over time. One forum member said: "there are 101 on the first list, if I'm not mistaken, and 57 on the second: 158 in total. There are 42 left.
And right now on the third list there are 16 confirmed. 26 left". Then they bring up the point that people change their mind and back out as time goes on, etc, even the possibility that Meranom will sell whatever unclaimed ones are left on the website. We'll just have to stay tuned for a while to see where things end up. If I see anything I'll mention it here.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Some friendly advice, if you decide to participate in the Relojes Especiales forum (they have a very active Russian forum section among other things, not to mention a good sales forum) make sure you translate your postings to Spanish first using whatever online translator you like. When I was just starting out there I added a few postings in English (out of habit I guess) and was advised accordingly :) But hey, it's a Spanish forum that's the way it should be :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some friendly advice, if you decide to participate in the Relojes Especiales forum (they have a very active Russian forum section among other things, not to mention a good sales forum) make sure you translate your postings to Spanish first using whatever online translator you like. When I was just starting out there I added a few postings in English (out of habit I guess) and was advised accordingly :) But hey, it's a Spanish forum that's the way it should be :)
totally agree, but online translators sometimes provided translation which is quite far from the idea which i want to express.

i already faced with that trying to translate from russian to spanish

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
totally agree, but online translators sometimes provided translation which is quite far from the idea which i want to express.
i already faced with that trying to translate from russian to spanish
Oh I know, after I see the result I have to cringe sometimes. I have the same problem with Russian on watch.ru as well. I usually preface whatever I'm saying with "I'm using a translator" lol.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I didn't make the cut initially (200 pieces), but since then a few folks dropped out and I snuck in the back door! To any other WUS guys who tried to sign up, you never know, over the coming weeks you might move up too.

20200214_120634-01-01-01.jpg 20200214_185341-01.jpg

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
What is the chance of joining now and getting a watch? Every time I see this post I want to join but then people say it is hard and not everyone will get it...

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
What is the chance of joining now and getting a watch? Every time I see this post I want to join but then people say it is hard and not everyone will get it...
I think the sign up phase(s) are over at this point. The 200 spots are accounted for and there are 50 or so more people on the wait list in case any of those 200 drop out for whatever reason.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:) but you were right up there. I'm 11 places back.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride :)
They must have special mathematics in Spain. I signed up 6 behind you and the final list shows me 25 behind you!! You still have a good chance of making it.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Why can't they just increase the amount by 50-75 more, or however many they can sell?

I can understand a minimum requirement of watches but not a maximum :-s
Not sure why. Their last 2 projects, the Baikonur and Baikal, were also limited to 200.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts