WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i had posted a thread on the russian watch forum on WUS, just than i realized it would fit better here on the watchmaking forum.

i have a poljot alarm (cardinal) ,a russian watch, i plan on sending the case for re-plating.

i know how to remove the movement and crowns, but i have no clue about how to remove this type of crystal.

it looks like a domed crystal, and it has some sort of a metal bezel around it, i can not figure out wether this "bezel" holds the crystal in place - should the crystal be popped out from the inside of the case or the outside.

does anyone can give me some advice?

photo of the watch in question is attached.

thanks for any input :)

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,

I'm having a similar one only branded cornavin, and the crystal is front loaded, be careful when you "extract" it from the front, as an aged plexi can crack easily.
My unprofesional and primitive methods is to push it out from the back with my finger after removal of the movement.
I think it is better to protect the crystal with some linen or something as I accidentally scratch the crystal from the inside with my rough finger.....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi,

i had posted a thread on the russian watch forum on WUS, just than i realized it would fit better here on the watchmaking forum.

i have a poljot alarm (cardinal) ,a russian watch, i plan on sending the case for re-plating.

i know how to remove the movement and crowns, but i have no clue about how to remove this type of crystal.

it looks like a domed crystal, and it has some sort of a metal bezel around it, i can not figure out wether this "bezel" holds the crystal in place - should the crystal be popped out from the inside of the case or the outside.

does anyone can give me some advice?

photo of the watch in question is attached.

thanks for any input :)
I'm not sure since your picture doesn't show the side of the crystal so i can't really see what type of crystal it actually is, but i'd say you need a crystal lift (Bergeon makes a good one). You could probably pop it out from the back, but that's always risky.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies!

i had found a watch with the same crystal on the bay (the case is also identical as much as i see),

tell me what you think.

here's a photo where you can see the curve of the crystal:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I believe the bezel needs to come off first.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey,

a little update - crystal was removed , and easier than i thought!

no bezel was removed, i was too afraid to work with a case knife (deep scratches, on an already scratched case etc)

so i tried to pop it out from the back, it was unbelievable how easy it popped out, and thanks god in one piece.

the chapter ring was glued pretty damn good, but i managed to remove it w\o causing any harm to it.

now the case fully naked and is undergoing preparation for replating.

thanks for all the replies :)

db

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.