WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dinged my Orient GMT Power Reserve the other day. Dinged it pretty hard on a steel door as I was walking through. I put a good nick in the case. Not too noticeable and bound to happen someday. I can live with it.

However, a few hours later I noticed a particle under the crystal. It wasn't there before. It's almost like something somewhere was dislodged. The watch is running as per normal.

My question/s I was hoping one of you gentlemen could help me with is this:

1) What should I expect pay to have the crystal removed and then have the particle removed and then have the crystal replaced?

2) Also, is there much danger of tooling marks left behind in this process?

(It's difficult to abide marks on my watches that I didn't put there myself - even then it's hard)

3) And lastly, does anyone know of a good/careful watch guy in Phoenix, AZ who would perform this kind of work? I'm more concerned with caution and precision than anything.

Thanks in advance for your help. See pics below:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hi Sir,

A good watchie will most likely use a dust blower to remove the particle.

Caseback is removed and movement will be removed. No need to remove glass unless she is damaged or case is a monobloc construction.

Maybe 20$ not much more.

Hope that helps.

Bry

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hi, Sorry to hear about the ding you gave your watch. I hate that!
I recently had some debri removed from the face of a watch. It cost me AU$10-00. Recently, I actually removed the movement to remove some debri on the face of a watch. I was very careful and happy with the results so in the future I would do it myself.

:-!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Kent Parks is a relume guy who could do it for you. He's in Flagstaff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts