WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Zenith Elite Automatic on a metal bracelet, but I think prefer it with an alligator strap. Does anyone know how I can safely remove the bracelet? I see that it has holes through the lugs, so I guess I press a metal rod through the hole. But are they spring bars, or something else?

I have ordered a tool for removing spring bars, and a tool for removing pins from bracelets, so they should do the job.

Thanks,

Leif

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
If it is made like my Rainbow Fly-Back, you push the bars through. In other words, they are not spring bars. Actually, you can tell because if they push in but then "spring" back, they are spring bars. That should not be the case though.

But I will ask you to exercise caution. There are some tubes that hold the bar in place via a dimple (they are located in the endpiece). When you remove the bracelet, work over an area that lets you catch those tubes in case they fall out!

Take care,

Dan

Oh, I almost forgot. You can use 20mm spring bars to attach your strap!

:-!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dan. Thankyou very much. That is most helpful. I removed the bracelet this evening, and it was easy peasy. As you say, the fastening consisted of a solid pin inside a shorter hollow rod. Leif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts