WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Received confirmation that they are indeed tiny screws that require 1.4mm flat head or smaller to remove.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Old thread, but did you ever get the links out on your Aquis? I am looking at mine and wondering what screwdriver I should get. I have one that fits diameter-wise, but it is too thick to actually slide into the screw's slot. Never had that issue before. I'll need to buy a new screwdriver, but want to make sure I get the right one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I removed a link from mine last night using a little flat head screwdriver that came in one of those cheap packs of 8 from any hardware store.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I spent £15 on a set of watchmakers tools from the Bay- included some very small screwdrivers. Also a tool for removing pushpins, one for taking off screwbacks and a bunch of other stuff!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks guys. Do any of you know if the bracelet screws are very firm? I read elsewhere that the lug screws were extremely tight, and in fact, was planning to wait until I could get some high quality (Bergeon or similar) screwdrivers before I even touched them to swap from rubber to bracelet. Curiousity got the best of me and I tried a very light turn with my tiny husky screwdriver last night... and they came right out. No drama at all.

I was hoping to do the same with the bracelet links, but my screwdriver is just a tad too thick for the slot. I'm going to search around Saturday for a thinner one that will do the trick. As long as the bracelet links aren't much tighter than the lug screws, I should be able to do it with any reasonably strong driver that fits the slot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts