WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all, On my Michelsen Article Explorer, I recently swapped my strap out with a new rubber one. It's a similar strap to what it came with but with more holes to accommodate my wrist better. Thing is, I used the springbar that came with the new strap and now it's stuck, I cannot figure out how to remove it. Something about the spring bar is different and my tools won't for to get it to release.

So anyone have any ideas for how to get it out? Anyone been through this before? My main concern

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry. Main concern is not damaging the watch. I have been thinking of cutting the spingbar. Not sure. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Let's see a picture of them in-situ.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That was the obvious answer that was eluding me. I did that and cut them off the other day and it's all good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm late to the party but...
I had a similar problem so I grabbed the strap with a wide pair of pliers and twisted it off. This broke the springbar and left everything else in tact.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Twisting it seems like it might run the risk of damaging the lugs or the holes. Did you notice any warping?

·
Premium Member
64,991 Posts
You probably did best cutting them as twisting them runs the risk (small) of the end of the springy bit getting stuck in the lug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts