WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
Yes, removing a link is generally an easy thing to do. I am not familar with how the links are held together on your particular watch model, but typically you can use a watch "push-pin" tool. There are many different types available and they are very cheap. On some watches there are markings on the inside of the band with arrows facing a particular direction. That means that the watch pins need to be pushed out in that specific direction and put back in the same way due to how the links are designed. Some watches also have screw-in pins where you need a small 1 mm flat head screwdriver to get in there and unscrew the pins for the links. If you have a photo of the pin-holes and preferrably the backside of the watch band it would help me a lot more to describe how to do it. I would recommend buying a push-pin tool for future watch sizings and adjustments anyway.

I own a TAG Heuer link auto Chrono, does anyone know if it's possible to remove a link myself? If so how? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, got caught doing work stuff. There really are no pushpins to take advantage of. I've changed straps on a JSAR I own and know it pretty simple, but this TAG is odd to say the least. This pic might not help but check it out.

Fashion accessory Metal Glass

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
You have to start with the pin that holds the clasp onto the bracelet. Once this is done, the links will basically pull apart without using and tools. Be carefull -some pins are very tiny. Not a job for the novice. If you have a dealer nearby, take it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.