WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to clean up my Seamaster bracelet a little bit to get the bracelet and clasp looking a little newer.

I took the bracelet off of the watch and taped it down in order to be able to get smooth strokes with the scotchbrite (which I cut in small pieces). I also taped off the polished links so that they would not end up turning into a brushed finish.

All-in-all, took about 15 minutes to do, and produced some excellent results!

Of course, scratches are inevitable, but it's like giving the bracelet and clasp a nice detailing.

And speaking of clasp...Omega doesn't currently make an adjustable clasp that we can modify for the 18mm bracelets, do they? I'd do anything for one of those push-adjustable clasps.

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
You've done a great job. (y)
Looks new.

Reactions: kennethwashere

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the illustration thru pics. Your extra preparation with tapping produced a professional quality retouch of your bracelet. Enjoy the fruits of your labour.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You've done a stand up job with helpful illustrations. At one point I may end up giving your method a go myself.

Regards,
Thanks so much! It's a very easy job to do - just some painter's tape and scotchbrite, and having a bracelet+clasp look new couldn't be easier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow that looks really good! Keeping the polished midlinks is key and you succeeded!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that looks really good! Keeping the polished midlinks is key and you succeeded!
Agreed! I didn't want the polished links to lose their shine, so I made sure they were covered during the process!

Dang I wasn’t expecting what I saw in the “after” pics. That turned out amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha to be honest, I was surprised it turned out as well as it did! $1.97 for some Scotchbrite and some tape, and you can make your bracelet look new!

Also, thank you for your service!

·
Registered
906 Posts
WOW. That clasp looks great. Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Good job for sure. 😬👍

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Beautiful! Love to see a good DIY job! I'm sure you gave it a good wash after since the abrasives break down and can get in to other places. Warm water with good pressure will do the trick. (y)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Regarding adjustable clasp: Is this bracelet 18mm wide adjacent to the clasp? Then the STZ001154 should fit, shouldn't it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts