WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Did you do in between the polished links In the middle or did you just leave that thin brushed area alone? If you did, I鈥檇 like to see a pic of that agonizing tape job!! 馃槉
Unfortunately I just left that part alone. The tape alone would be so thin that I feel like it would probably come off as I was using the scotchbrite! Plus, the brushed area is so thin that it's hard to see the scratches on those tiny brushed links anyway :)

Edit: now that I think of it, I could tape off the polished links on either side and just leave that tiny brushed link exposed... I may try it once it accumulates more scratches again!

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Beautiful! Love to see a good DIY job! I'm sure you gave it a good wash after since the abrasives break down and can get in to other places. Warm water with good pressure will do the trick. (y)
I sure did! Ran it with some water and a little bit of soap just to get any excess pieces of scotchbrite out that might have accumulated between the links!

Regarding adjustable clasp: Is this bracelet 18mm wide adjacent to the clasp? Then the STZ001154 should fit, shouldn't it?
I'll have to take a look into that! I thought the adjustable clasps were only available in 20mm.

Registered
Looks like you鈥檝e done a good job.

Reactions: kennethwashere

Registered
[...]I'll have to take a look into that! I thought the adjustable clasps were only available in 20mm.
The STZ001154 itself is 21mm wide (plus push buttons sticking out), but the links it connects to are 18mm wide. There were several threads on which connecting links you need for specific watches.

Premium Member
Takes patience to do it correctly...good job indeed. Many start but get lazy and you can see it in their "strokes" - not yours.

Reactions: kennethwashere

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
The STZ001154 itself is 21mm wide (plus push buttons sticking out), but the links it connects to are 18mm wide. There were several threads on which connecting links you need for specific watches.
Thank you! I'll give my bracelet a measure at the clasp end and see what it measures.

Premium Member
Great work! It's always satisfying to give a quick spiff to a bracelet using a scotchbrite pad, really refreshes the watch.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts