WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ballpark idea of how much to repair the nic/dent on the bezel. (not sure the dent is on the bezel but take a look)

thanks for you help and comments.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The dent can't be repaired. A new Speedmaster bezel is around $120. Bezels come with inserts; the parts cannot be obtained separately.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dent can't be repaired. A new Speedmaster bezel is around $120. Bezels come with inserts; the parts cannot be obtained separately.
why can't the dent be repaired? is the it because the dent is not part of the bezel? thanks...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think what he is telling you is that you'll need to buy a new bezel. There isn't any way that the dent can be repaired on the existing bezel. Well, I suppose anything can be repaired...for a price, it would be much cheaper just to replace the bezel. If it where me I'd just live with it, it looks kind of small. However, if it bothers you, replacing the bezel is the cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
856 Posts
O Frei has them in stock, like JimH said depending the which Speedy model anywhere from $110-120 and beware of any jeweler that indicates it can be repaired it will only make it worse.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
post some pics of that beauty mark....i lost the price war...my search continues. but the search is half the fun :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, it is half the fun. I saw that Apollo 17 on ebay and put in my high bid days ago...last four hours of the auction my price got blown out. It looks like that Apollo LE isn't going to go for less then $1750-$1959 no matter what the condition is on the bay. It's wild I have one that has never been worn that I have listed on various forums for $2150. I am starting to think the hell with it and wear the thing. I could probably get a few hundred dollars of joy out of it and then sell it in worn condition! It looks like the "never worn" condition isn't worth the extra couple hundred bucks:-s

I hate owning a watch I can't wear!:-|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts