WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the Pompano Beach area know of a reputable watch repair store to repair my Ball Spacemaster Hyrdocarbon? There's an authorized Ball repair center in St. Petersburg on the west coast but I would have to mail it and they have a 6 month waiting period for repairs which seems rather extreme. The stem actually came apart and fell into the case. I figure since it's a standard ETA 2836-2 movement that a non authorized repair center that deals with other high end watches could repiar it properly and faster.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Where exactly did you get six months from? I've had two watches into Ball this year and both were back in 40 days.

If that doesn't work one of the mod here uses a guy down on 17th street in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know the name but I can ask him.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the authorized repair center and the lady I spoke to told me there was an approximate 6 month waiting period on all repairs.

I would appreciate it if you could speak to the mod you know and get the name of the shop in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
I called the authorized repair center and the lady I spoke to told me there was an approximate 6 month waiting period on all repairs.

I would appreciate it if you could speak to the mod you know and get the name of the shop in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks.
I have not forgotten about this I'm still waiting to hear back from the other moderator.

I would agree in trying to talk to some one else at Ball. This has not been my experience. I've always communicated via email though. I'm trying to find the emails.

·
Premium Member
5,440 Posts
I know a guy who does great work on high end watches in Lakeland. If you are interested, send me a pm and I'll tell you more about it.
cottontop

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just received my Ball DIver COSC back from Ball service this week. It was at Ball for 7 months. I immediately told my AD to sell it. I also had my EHCII Chrono in for service last year and it took over 5 months. It came back from service running over 2 minutes slow a day instead of the 10 seconds it was running at before it was sent to service. Now it is experiencing the same problem of sticky hand winding that it had originally before sent to service.

If your Ball is not in warranty I recommend avoiding Ball service and finding a qualified shop that can repair ETA movements locally . You may get the watch back months sooner and it actually may work better than when you took it in for service.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Where exactly did you get six months from? I've had two watches into Ball this year and both were back in 40 days.

If that doesn't work one of the mod here uses a guy down on 17th street in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know the name but I can ask him.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
I live in Fort Lauderdale and am also looking to service a watch. Did you ever figure out this guy's name?

Thanks,
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.