WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Doxa proffesional purchased in July 2002 (127/1000) I had it serviced and cleaned in 2006 for around $445 USD. I just sent the watch to the Doxa Service Center in LA. They informed me the watch needs over $800 USD in repairs and service. I would like opinion of watch afficiandos on whether I should have the watch repaired or use the $800 USD to purchase a new watch? If the consensus is to purchase a new watch should I still stick with Doxa?

======================REPLY BY DOXA=================================

I think it would be fair to mention that watch had a major water damage because the crown was left unscrewed and the above quote you received is for replacing everything in the watch except for the case, which means movement, dial, hands, crown, tube, gaskets and the case and bracelet will be refinished, obviously a standard service including new gaskets and pressure testing leaving all other parts costs only $299.00, so assuming it is expensive without posting the Details is not entirely correct.

======================REPLY BY DOXA=================================

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Find another watchmaker. That price is too high even for a movement replacement.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i also agree this price is way way too high.have them send your watch back and find a local jeweler that does watch repair. most good jewelers should be able to do a compete service for under 200 dollars and be back on your wrist in two weeks or less.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What I wonder is what is going to happen in the future when ETA parts run out, from parts distributors, for independent watch makers? Since the Swatch group will not be providing parts anymore to non-Swatch related service centers. So we are left with using the sometimes twice as expensive in-house service centers.

And will Doxa still have ETA parts several years down the road themselves?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just had my SUB600t serviced at the authorized LA Doxa service center in December. Took 2 months and cost $380 with shipping. I specifically asked that they not polish or buff it. No restoration or reprinting specifically requested, just cleaning/servicing. It was not running when I sent it in. Seems like $800 is kinda high but it depends on the parts needed. If you have them proceed, request the old parts. Overall it depends how much you like the watch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just paid $550 to the LA Doxa Service Center for service and crown tube replacement on my 2002 Sub300T Reissue (122/1000). Specifically told them no buffing. See my recent "Devastated" thread to see how some idiot there did an amateur buff and grind job on my watch. Destroyed it...

We are currently working with Kraftee to resolve this matter.
Customer Support
DOXA Watches

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had Al at Archer watches fix my 600T Pro a few years ago because it kept stopping. I think I paid about $186 for the service which included replacing the main spring. It might cost more these days. I highly recommend Al as he does great work.

Wayne

Reactions: supawabb
1 - 9 of 9 Posts