WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a new battery on an old DW-004 and all functions work well, but the EL doesn't work. I think it worked very faintly if at all before the battery change. The display dimmed when it was pressed before. I took the module out and when you press the 5th button for the light, the pusher moves in properly, but no EL when the module is in place. I should know this, but should there be a spring there to make the contact between the pusher and the module?

Thanks for your knowledge!
Neil

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Neil,

I haven't actually opened up a DW004, but I would be very surprised if there was supposed to be a contact spring beneath the module. I haven't come across such an arrangement on any other model.

VBR

g'pta

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
No. No spring there. Just one above the case under the button. You can check the EL when the module is out, use a pin to press down the contact in the area where the EL button sits. I have 1 or 2 old modules where the light quit working.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have done 2 AC resets and I tried my metal tweezers on the EL with no success. I think it is just dead. The 5th button is sort of mushy though when I press it. It's not crisp when pressed....

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.