WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is the first thread I open on WUS. I have a couple basic questions that could perhaps be of use to others as well. So I thought it was worth a new thread :)

1) - Is it possible to replace a mineral crystal with sapphire?
I ordered a Citizen Eco Drive Promaster Air Diver PMX56-2811 and I was thinking I could replace the mineral with Sapphire at some point.

2) - What techniques can be used to protect a bezel? Can it be done without changing the look of the watch, using some sort of coating for example?

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Adam

PS: I am amazed at how informative and fun the WUS community is. And everyone has such a great attitude, I'm proud to be a small part of it :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum :-!

As long as the size is the same you can replace a mineral crystal with a sapphire crystal.

I think you will find the best way to protect your bezel (and watch) is to wear it gently.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks V8 for your sensible answers.
Not sure if you want to do this much reading but here is teh watch I was asking this for.
I just acquired the Citizen Promaster Air Diver Eco Drive PMX58-2811 and I love it. It wears a bit small but it's ok. A sapphire crystal would be perfect, although I suspect the bezel will get most of the hits because it is slightly raised.
Aside from that, in case you like Citizen, I recommend it: I was looking for the perfect everyday diver with a simple elegant oyster bracelet and a nice bezel. This model is very simple, yet different and one of the best features: the TI bracelet is very precisely adjustable which finally solves one of the most annoying problems: having my SS bracelet watches move on my wrist as if I was wearing a woman bracelet.

Take care,
Adam

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I've seen a big rubber bezel protector for a Seiko diver but trust me, it is not something you would want on your watch on a daily basis.

Citizen makes excellent watches, you made a good choice :-! (any pics?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts