WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,920 Posts
What kind of resin are you using? Is it the same as the resin pellets used by Casio for their G-Shocks?

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,920 Posts
If he told you he'd have to kill you

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
If it's sub-standard like the Brazilian bezels (I'm not sure if there is a test or review on how Brazilian bezels last), we aren't sure how long electric0ant's bezels would last.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If it's sub-standard like the Brazilian bezels (I'm not sure if there is a test or review on how Brazilian bezels last), we aren't sure how long electric0ant's bezels would last.
Judging by what members have said of his previous work I'm getting my order in for 2 with white lettering and 2 with gold lettering as soon as they become available

I've also been happy with the Brazilian bezels, based on the fact that there's currently no alternative other than having no bezel, and I like to wear my watches so having no bezel isn't an option for me

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Well his V1 & 2 were both excellent quality and better all round than the Brazilian items, although I'm still going to use those too because they are all the only choice.

Personally I wouldn't care if they were made from recycled rubber off a chewed up old dog toy, it's still better than Casio because they don't make them any more!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
I’m definitely in when they become available, the quality looks excellent!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates.
I have a lot of personal things going on right now and I'm not able to take orders without having people wait a long time.
It looks like I should be starting to take orders after new years.

Wish you all Happy Holidays!
Please also let me know when you take orders again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates.
I have a lot of personal things going on right now and I'm not able to take orders without having people wait a long time.
It looks like I should be starting to take orders after new years.

Wish you all Happy Holidays!
Came across your threads in trying to figure out what to do with my old DW-5600c A after discovering it over the break. The bezel is completely disintegrated.

Here's the problem: I can't seem to PM you and I'm not sure what I need to do, in order to do so.

Definitely interested, [EDITED- please see my reasons below, but note that nothing changes in the point of this post]... You have enough positive comments on your threads that I'd like to know more.

Please let me know how to connect (or, if you can PM me).

Thanks!
Pete Montero

·
Registered
8 Posts
how many was enough? your post has prompted me to look for them as I have purchased half a dozen of these in the last year
Generally, this whole thread has made it clear that there's a difference in quality, beginning with the font. Other sources also have mentioned that they are not as high quality as, for sure, the originals and everything that I've seen on these three (V1-V2-V3) threads has suggested that electric has produced the best replica or, in this case, reproduction of the original.

Didn't mean to demean your choice because I was about to order from Brazil, as well, given the apparent lack of cost-effective alternative.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Generally, this whole thread has made it clear that there's a difference in quality, beginning with the font. Other sources also have mentioned that they are not as high quality as, for sure, the originals and everything that I've seen on these three (V1-V2-V3) threads has suggested that electric has produced the best replica or, in this case, reproduction of the original.

Didn't mean to demean your choice because I was about to order from Brazil, as well, given the apparent lack of cost-effective alternative.
Ah so you meant damning the same way someone who doesn't know what the word damning means

There's nothing wrong with the current bezels, and at the moment they're the only type available, your post suggested Brazilian bezels had negative reviews, which they don't, but the ones that were waiting for are anticipated to be even better that's all

I was looking for clarity that's all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah so you meant damning the same way someone who doesn't know what the word damning means

There's nothing wrong with the current bezels, and at the moment they're the only type available, your post suggested Brazilian bezels had negative reviews, which they don't, but the ones that were waiting for are anticipated to be even better that's all

I was looking for clarity that's all
I've carefully considered my options so far, and my post was about the OP's products and the apparent quality that others have reported, including others' comparisons with the Brazilian bezels. I made it clear that this is what I meant.

That's what my post was about, MUCH less than about the Brazilian bezels.

The thing is that I may still end up buying a Brazilian bezel, if it turns out that these are no longer available. I didn't call them crap, just that I'd seen some negatives mentioned about them and these seem to be superior. Photos posted here supported that perception, as well as what others reported after purchasing them.

That's it.

Now, what my post was really about... I was able to PM the OP and I'm hoping to discuss this with him.

Thank you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Don’t be too negative on affordable things that people are making to support the community.

You might start worrying people that you might start crapping on electric0ant’s bezels if you don’t like them for some reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don’t be too negative on affordable things that people are making to support the community.

You might start worrying people that you might start crapping on electric0ant’s bezels if you don’t like them for some reason.
I'm sorry for contributing to any confusion.

That wasn't, at all, what I was doing. I was reflecting how I'd seen others refer to electricant's high quality work relative to both the genuine article and the Brazilian reproduction. Literally, I said that, seeing "enough damning" on the BR piece, as well as the price of the genuine article being as inflated as it is due to supply-demand, to want to buy electricant's reproduction. I don't see what I said as being any more "damning" than what a lot of others have written.

Is there a back-story? Has the BR vendor threatened to stop supporting if they're going to be critiqued for things like the wrong font, etc.? If it helps, I'll modify my original post, because it won't change a thing about what I was saying, but this seems kind of draconian.

Are you concerned that I'm a troll?

I bought my watch, working in Hiroshima, as a designer for Mazda, in October 1987 (which might explain why a wrong font, for me, on a watch that has major sentimental value, is such a damning fault).

It was in boxes after I stopped wearing it in the late 90s; I was given a beautiful SWATCH Freezing Rain chrono by a Japanese boss (which I also want to restore). Over Christmas break, I decided to finally look into restoring the G-Shock, after finding it with the disintegrated bezel this past summer in a box in my basement. I wanted to restore it because of what it represents, personally.

It was when I looked into bezels that I learned the model code DW-5600c; also, being an A factory watch, I became even more intent on NOT putting a bezel on that was wrong. I looked into 5600e bezels but the few that I saw pictures of, didn't look right. The modifications just weren't done with the sense of craftsmanship that I'd like to maintain on this particular watch.

I'm not a purist, nor anal retentive. Though I have a couple of TAG Formula 1 watches that my wife received as payment for art direction that she did in the 80s, my favorite "TAG" is a fake (not a copy, if you understand the difference) that a friend brought back from China in the 90s as a joke. I like and wear it so much because it's weighty, has a nice look (stainless with a yellow face) and has NEVER let me down, unlike the real things, which are expensive as hell to fix, as well.

Now, I guess that THIS last point could get my wrist slapped, but it's just to demonstrate a point, that I'm not dogmatic, but pragmatic, about things like this. People are shocked because they consider me to be a car guy/expert in my field, but (at the end of the day) they're just products. If you value the product more than interpersonal relationships or being a decent person, or so dogmatic about the product that you sacrifice those real things around you, you've got a real problem.

NEVER did I expect to feel like I had to explain why I said what I said, especially since it wasn't the main point that I was making, nor is it particularly controversial (again) based on what was being said about the relative merits of the BR and electricant reproductions. Again, if there's a back story, I'd love to hear it.

And, with that, you won't see me post again, unless invited to; I'll wait to hear from electricant (sincerely hope that whatever is keeping him silent is not serious and that he & his loved ones are safe, and happy). May 2021 deliver renewed hope and joy to all of you.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 104 Posts