WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Are you concerned that I'm a troll?
Not at all, I don't think you're a troll at all. I'm just saying that whether people realize it or not, there's a human being making these things. A real live human being. And that we are depending on human beings with feelings and concerns about their private life and character to actually build and sell us things at prices that are reasonable.

It's not like these are just resellers / wholesalers just buying these bezels somewhere and selling them at a profit. These people are building these bezels with their own two hands.

I just think that it's too easy nowadays to start criticizing things on the internet. A week late on shipping? Terrible seller. Scammer. A small blem on a handmade item? Absolute junk. One star.

I'm trying to raise awareness that we should be positive and supportive of the people who are making things and selling them to benefit each other. For some silly reason "honesty" has become synonymous with "being negative and critical", which I personally think is a huge problem. Honestly, even the Brazilian bezels, for their minor flaws, are actually pretty good, and bring us a lot of joy for not a lot of money.

These people are taking risks to make and sell things that nobody else will do. I don't see anyone else pulling molds and casting replacements, so for those people who are giving it a try, I give every encouragement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not at all, I don't think you're a troll at all. I'm just saying that whether people realize it or not, there's a human being making these things. A real live human being. And that we are depending on human beings with feelings and concerns about their private life and character to actually build and sell us things at prices that are reasonable.

It's not like these are just resellers / wholesalers just buying these bezels somewhere and selling them at a profit. These people are building these bezels with their own two hands.

I just think that it's too easy nowadays to start criticizing things on the internet. A week late on shipping? Terrible seller. Scammer. A small blem on a handmade item? Absolute junk. One star.

I'm trying to raise awareness that we should be positive and supportive of the people who are making things and selling them to benefit each other. For some silly reason "honesty" has become synonymous with "being negative and critical", which I personally think is a huge problem. Honestly, even the Brazilian bezels, for their minor flaws, are actually pretty good, and bring us a lot of joy for not a lot of money.

These people are taking risks to make and sell things that nobody else will do. I don't see anyone else pulling molds and casting replacements, so for those people who are giving it a try, I give every encouragement.
Completely agree. Thanks for the reasonable back and forth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. A newbie to the forum here but collector of Casio g-shock watches. I have used watchuseek in the past for information on changing batteries and general looking a photos.But only just registered.

I have a Casio DW-5000c and the Bezel has a small crack, It looks like it will break if I wear it again. So I came across this discussion. I also have a DW-5600c (which has the same bezel) and would like a spare for that as well. I have seen the ones available on Ebay and they look terrible. The ones mentioned on here manufactured by electric0ant look excellent and the reviews back this up.

I am keen on purchasing 1 or more of the standard DW-5x00c bezels from electric0ant, but cannot seem to find a way of sending a direct message to him/her. Or a website, etc.

Please advise. 100% genuine guy.
Regards
casiosteve
UK Based.

PS: I have a DW-5300 and DW-6800 that both have bezels very brittle and cannot be worn. Does electric0ant or anyone else have any options?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello. A newbie to the forum here but collector of Casio g-shock watches. I have used watchuseek in the past for information on changing batteries and general looking a photos.But only just registered.

I have a Casio DW-5000c and the Bezel has a small crack, It looks like it will break if I wear it again. So I came across this discussion. I also have a DW-5600c (which has the same bezel) and would like a spare for that as well. I have seen the ones available on Ebay and they look terrible. The ones mentioned on here manufactured by electric0ant look excellent and the reviews back this up.

I am keen on purchasing 1 or more of the standard DW-5x00c bezels from electric0ant, but cannot seem to find a way of sending a direct message to him/her. Or a website, etc.

Please advise. 100% genuine guy.
Regards
casiosteve
UK Based.

PS: I have a DW-5300 and DW-6800 that both have bezels very brittle and cannot be worn. Does electric0ant or anyone else have any options?
We're just waiting on confirmation on when they are ready (y) dunno about the 53 or 68 though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Beefy..

appreciated.

I know the DW-5300 and DW-6800 are niche and were not made in vast numbers, (compared to the DW-5000, 5200, 5600) so can conclude it might not be worth pressing bezels for them, but just thought i'd ask. They are a nice design though. I just thought i'd mention as some experts might know a guy who knows a guy!

Hopefully 2021 brings more positive news and the DW-5000c / 5600c bezels we are discussing here are made available.

I will keep an eye on my email and this site. Hopefully as someone else has mentioned these bezels can bring great old watches back to wearable.

If you are reading electric0ant, all the best and please let me know how to message you if that is your preferred procedure. I am in the UK and on paypal if that helps.

regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I have seen the ones available on Ebay and they look terrible.

In regards to the 5300 & 6800, I've certainly not seen any replacement bezels for these at all so you'll be out of luck I'm afraid.

The Brazilian bezels you're asking about - They are certainly not terrible!

I have 5 or 6 DW-5xxxC's on these bezels and TBH they're actually pretty decent. Obviously they're not perfect and are produced in much bigger numbers that what electric0ant makes. That means that the quality between the Brazilians and electric0ant's is quite distinctive because electric0ant has been taking care to get them as close to original as possible!

However, there's definitely nothing wrong with the Brazilian bezels that would mean they were unusable. Also much easier to get hold of than when electric0ant can make any batches.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Appreciated. I always assumed the Brazilian ones had a font on 'g-shock' and 'protection' that was nowhere near the same as a Casio original.

Hopefully electric0ant ones, which by consent seem the best, and the photos posted look amazing, become available again.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Appreciated. I always assumed the Brazilian ones had a font on 'g-shock' and 'protection' that was nowhere near the same as a Casio original.

Hopefully electric0ant ones, which by consent seem the best, and the photos posted look amazing, become available again.

Regards Steve
Yeah the font on the Brazilian ones is quite "thin", but basically you're at least getting protection for your old beauties and honestly the font isn't exactly something you'd spend time studying!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi everyone, thanks for all the interest!

Hope you all had a good time over the holidays.

I plans to start taking orders within the next week. Will post up more details very soon.

I was taking a break over the holidays and catching up on some personal things, so unfortunately there is no stock of bezels sitting ready to ship out.
Bezels will be made to order, and while I have scaled up my production line, I unfortunately have less free time now. So the lead time can still be up to 4-6 weeks (possibly more) depending on how many orders there are in front. I really appreciate the patience shown by the members who have ordered from me before, I think some of them waited 2 months? So I really cannot guarantee on the wait times as this is something I do in my spare time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
These look great @electric0ant ! Any chance you would ever consider making a resin bezel for the GMW-B5000? I love my Full Metals, but would love them even more if there was a resin bezel available.

Keep up the great bezel work, and best of luck juggling everything else life has been throwing at you!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don’t have one of these watches but just thought I post what amazing work this is and glad someone is helping keep these older watches alive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don’t have one of these watches but just thought I post what amazing work this is and glad someone is helping keep these older watches alive.
It's such a shame that Casio doesn't do this. Companies are happy to tout their legacy and use it as a selling point, but they rarely do anything to help preserve or foster it. Casio should mass produce spare parts for older watches that people are clearly interested in, as both a way to give back to fans and to make some additional money. The swiss brands will restore your 50 year old watch back to new for the right fee. The fact that Casio doesn't is ultimately what defines them as disposable. And they don't have to be, with the right parts most are completely serviceable.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Casio should mass produce spare parts for older watches that people are clearly interested in, as both a way to give back to fans and to make some additional money.
That wouldn't be a very good business plan considering their current business plan is to make as many models and colorways as possible and bank on the trend of collectors wanting the newest shiniest version of their favorite style watches.

IIRC there was a brief event where casio was restoring vintage squares (new resin, full module cleaning etc), but it was more of a 'PR special' once-in-a-lifetime thing for JP collectors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That wouldn't be a very good business plan considering their current business plan is to make as many models and colorways as possible and bank on the trend of collectors wanting the newest shiniest version of their favorite style watches.

IIRC there was a brief event where casio was restoring vintage squares (new resin, full module cleaning etc), but it was more of a 'PR special' once-in-a-lifetime thing for JP collectors.
I was happy to see Casio's DW-5000 restoration program, but feel like simply restarting manufacture of replacement parts to be the more wide reaching approach. New bezels and bands at the least, replacement pushers, screws, screw backs, crystals less important. Rolex, Omega, all the big guys will happily sell parts and full servicing all day long without it seeming to effect the bottom line on new models. G-Shock fandom would only be fostered in the same way, enthusiasts would be happy to maintain their vintage watches while buying the latest and greatest.

Casio should recruit electric0ant to lead the way. They're picking up where Casio has dropped off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for all the interest!

Hope you all had a good time over the holidays.

I plans to start taking orders within the next week. Will post up more details very soon.

I was taking a break over the holidays and catching up on some personal things, so unfortunately there is no stock of bezels sitting ready to ship out.
Bezels will be made to order, and while I have scaled up my production line, I unfortunately have less free time now. So the lead time can still be up to 4-6 weeks (possibly more) depending on how many orders there are in front. I really appreciate the patience shown by the members who have ordered from me before, I think some of them waited 2 months? So I really cannot guarantee on the wait times as this is something I do in my spare time.
Thank you for doing this. I would love to purchase a DW-5600B bezel. Are you still only using black resin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are doing such a great job.
I would like to get a new bezel for my old vintage models.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 3 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Newbie and I just found this thread. Definitely keen to order a couple of bezel for a 5600c restore, will keep my eyes peeled for the detaisl!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, newbie here. I am restoring my dw5000 which crumbled when taken out of the drawer. Was horrified to discover Casio stopped spares, and had resigned myself to an OK-but-not-quite accurate Brazil Bezel, now I've got a bit more hope. Not sure how to register interest or order aside from this message 😀

61 - 80 of 104 Posts