WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

Registered
DM me if you're still making these, I have a 5600C with a Brazil bezel that's quite nice, but these look like they more than compare.

Registered
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Hi All,

Firstly apologies for the wait, but life gets in the way somethings. I didn't want to start taking orders without knowing if I would have time to fulfill them.
Secondly here is the link to order:
Replacement bezel for vintage squares | Etsy

Please note these are made to order hence there will be a lead time.

I'm going to release in batches to prevent the wait time just getting excessively long, will see how production goes and adjust accordingly.
I plan using etsy's automatically generated shipping costs and postage labels, but I have been made aware that the shipping costs to Europe is quite high (sadly Canada post is expensive). For buyers in Europe, I may be able to find a cheaper alternative. I think to make it easier, instead of having to calculate costs and enter it for each country, what I can do is refund the shipping costs differences once I ship the bezels.

Enjoy dressing up the vintage squares!

please PM me if you have any questions.

Registered
Ordered mine already mate. Totally understand with the life situation. I've been meaning to start refurbing my 5600c for ages now. But I've got kids so we all know what happens with our own free time!

Look forward to receiving & keep up the good work

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi All,

Firstly apologies for the wait, but life gets in the way somethings. I didn't want to start taking orders without knowing if I would have time to fulfill them.

Enjoy dressing up the vintage squares!

please PM me if you have any questions.
Just ordered mine, too... Can't wait! Need to get my Beast of the East Cannondale mtb ready for the Throwback look.

Thanks, sir, in anticipation!
Pete Montero

PS... If you ever want to consider a lucrative opportunity, consider doing this for 1980s TAG Heuer Formula 1 bezels and bands... I have two and they're embarrassingly poor durability (no extreme usage, and a first-born in OE replacement cost).

Cheers

Registered
PS... If you ever want to consider a lucrative opportunity, consider doing this for 1980s TAG Heuer Formula 1 bezels and bands... I have two and they're embarrassingly poor durability (no extreme usage, and a first-born in OE replacement cost).

Cheers
I'm kidding, of course,... Beggars canNOT be choosy...

Cheers

Registered
Ordered a few, you're offering a stellar service to Gshock fans. Casio should be thanking you!

Shipping to the US was more than I would have expected too. But it's all right with me.

Can't wait to have my square back in business.

Registered
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks for the support from all those who have ordered!

I have noticed etsy's shipping on multiple items seem to be multiplying by the number of bezels ordered instead of being discounted like the faq page said it would. since it's meant to be automatically be calculating prices based on the total weight of the whole order.
Along with the issue of weirdly high shipping costs to Europe,

I will be looking into this, but for those who have already ordered, I will give refunds on shipping price differences where applicable when I ship.

I have temporarily suspended the item while I look into this.

Registered
Thank you for the reply. I understand it might be out of your control, the way Etsy works.

In the end I ordered 2, but originally had 4 in the basket.

The reason I downsized being Etsy just multiplied the postage so it would have been in three figures, in UK 拢!

then Vat tax on top. [ also in my experience with eBay purchase the UK postal service has a habit of holding North American items up until you pay them even more admin and taxes].

Anyway, once again thank you.

If you ever decide to branch out, Casio DW-5300 Is a fragile bezel also.

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
Hi All,

Listing has been re-activated with updated shipping prices.
Please let me know if your country is not on the list and I will check prices and add it to the list.

Those who have already ordered, please let me know via etsy if you would like to cancel the order and place a new one. Or for me just to refund the difference.

Thanks

Registered
Just ordered 3 (black: 2grey 1gold text)! Very excited.

Now to figure out how to safely remove the screws on my 5200C 馃槵

Registered
Just ordered 3 (black: 2grey 1gold text)! Very excited.

Now to figure out how to safely remove the screws on my 5200C 馃槵
I spent a week dropping penetrating anti seize on them, and applied a bit of heat before removal, went by perfectly. Used low force threadlocker before reinstalling.

Registered
The listings on Etsy won't allow for any quantity over 1 at the moment, is that correct?

Registered
Missed it again 馃ゴ

Registered
I ordered and will wait till whenever its ready. I realise you're already beyond swamped with current orders, but for anyone who makes these, thought it might be cool if a vintage "flat" bezel could be made for modern 5600E size squares. E.g. The dw5000, dw5000sl, dw5035 reissues etc. Don't even know if its technically feasible or if anyone else would buy one, but I'd personally love the vintage style bezel on my newer models

Registered
It says sold out I just bought my first vintage square (a lovely dw5800 ) and will love to source a nice fitting bezel and resin band... Will there be more in stock here?

Any other recommendations for bezels and bands? Thank you

81 - 100 of 104 Posts