WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Newbie here. I'm desperately looking for a replacement Bezel/ Shell for my Frogman DW-8200.

I've tried everywhere on the net and in the stores and can't seem to find one that is willing to ship to me here in the Philippines.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. :)

-Sparky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wow. 42 views and not a single reply. Nobody even suggested trying ebay sellers. Who were a lot more helpful than the people around here.

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that people around here are a bunch of rich snobs who can afford the really expensive watches and just don't give a rat's ass to little 'ol people like me, huh? <|

Well, for anybody interested, I found a fake DW-8200 at a local watch store for like $10 and guess what? The rubber bezel and straps/bands fit perfect!

So there! :-D

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Hi Sparky,

Actually I doubt that anyone knows a place where you can get genuine Frogman bezels outside Japan. The views say that many have read them and nobody knew an answer. BTW, I have answered your e-mail with the same question.

Not everybody on this forum is rich or has many or expensive G-Shock's. I think you have the wrong impression of the members of this forum.

Kind Regards,

Sjors

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hi Sparky,

Actually I doubt that anyone knows a place where you can get genuine Frogman bezels outside Japan. The views say that many have read them and nobody knew an answer. BTW, I have answered your e-mail with the same question.

Not everybody on this forum is rich or has many or expensive G-Shock's. I think you have the wrong impression of the members of this forum.

Kind Regards,

Sjors
I'm poor and only have two, but I'm quite happy here!:-!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm poor and only have two, but I'm quite happy here!:-!

Dear Sparky:-D :)

I totally agreed with Sjors that it is very difficult to find replacement case & bezel outside Japan, especially for those models which have been released for a certain time! I have recently purchased a set of replacement case & bezel for my DW-6300-9 Yellow Frogman through a Japanese ebay seller and the cost is around US$100. Surfing at ebay may be an alternative, but have to have real patient! So far, I did not have that luck for the past few months at ebay in getting DW8200 replacement case & bezel!

Good luck & happy weekend~:thanks :) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi again guys and thanks to everybody who made the time to reply.

Special thanks to Sjors and his amazing website.

I was really just trying to get a reaction from the people around here. No offense meant and none taken, i hope? :-D :-!

I do have a confession to make, I've owned three G-shocks over the past 20 years. All have been great! Very durable, not to mention cool-looking.

But of all 3, my favorite is my DW-8200.

And, to be honest, I found an Aussie ebay seller who had 3 bezel & nBand original sets. But he's selling them at $190 USD each. That's almost twice what I paid for my watch when I bought it brand new, some 6 years ago.

So, forgive me. I know we're not supposed to encourage black marketters and imitation makers, but I love my Frogman and will EDC it for the rest of my life if possible. Just had to find a replacement Bezel. And it's the right fit and configuration. Just had to try it out. The whole watch only cost me $10.00 USD, brand new. Can you believe that?

Not to advertise, but if anybody is looking for a set, I'd now be more than happy to get you one. As long as you're not too picky about the rubber/ Resin quality. hehe.

Salutations & felicitations to one & all for the coming holidays! :thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
have u check your local casio dealer???
i'm from indonesia, i'm recently bought a dw8200 bezel for a $18 from my local dealer... but only the resin..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have u check your local casio dealer???
i'm from indonesia, i'm recently bought a dw8200 bezel for a $18 from my local dealer... but only the resin..
Hi ghonks!

I can't find one anywhere here, not even a used one in good condition. :-S

Do you know if your local store still has one in stock? Maybe I can buy it from you. And pay for the shipping from there to me here.

Will you look for me? Thanks. |>

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm starting to get the distinct impression that people around here are a bunch of rich snobs who can afford the really expensive watches and just don't give a rat's ass to little 'ol people like me, huh? <|
certainly this is the best way to get a response. Insult the forum members.

If I were not married with children I might be rich. But I'm poor. However, that doesn't stop me from scouring the Internet when I need something g-shock related.

good way to find original spare parts is to browse yahoo Japan from time to time. If you find something you like, and you really want it, you can use one of the internet middle-men websites that will bid and buy the product for you and then ship to you. beware the fees are high, but if you really want something rare, you've got to pay.

back to the salt mines

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts