WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than one year in the last days I restarted wearing my green Khaki, and I restarted to appreciate its semplicity, the way it fits me and its accuracy.

Still, the most annoying thing in comparison to the original (I have a Benrus, but it's the same as a vintage 34mm Hamilton) is the sapphire crystal with AR coating that glares annoyingly to the point I cannot really appreciate the dial. Also, this sapphire glass looks somewhat cloudy and I think it slightly changes the khaki color of the dial.

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket crystal, sapphire with AR or even plexi, for these khakis....I also noticed the Murph has the same issue while the excellent Intramatic chrono has a much better crystal (also, I understand the different price point).

·
Registered
8,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the lack of answers I assume I am the only owner of these watches who is bothered by the issue, however I took a (bad) picture of my Hamilton and the Benrus Khaki with acrylic to show the difference.

So, nobody has ever tried to mod these watches?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
No AR on the Hamilton. I live in the Desert and it doesn't bother me

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a video posted on YouTube where an AR double dome sapphire crystal was used to replace that of a Hamilton khaki Field automatic. I wonder if it would be feasible to do the same, using the same sourced crystal on the khaki Field mechanical ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts