WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have incoming a vintage Citizen 0510-K16008 "Speedmaster" model, and as part of the initial upkeep I like to have done for new-to-me vintages, I wanted to replace the gaskets to maintain as much water protection as possible. (While I don't plan to shower or swim with it on, stranger things have happened than that I've forgotten to take a watch off as I jump in the shower!)

I contacted Citizen to check their records for gasket specs/part numbers and was told that, while they have info for caseback and crystal gaskets, they have nothing for the crown and pusher gaskets. A search of WUS threads hasn't yielded anything, either.

Has anyone in WUS land replaced their "Citi-Speedy" gaskets, and if so, where did you spec them or source them from?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

- Chris

·
Registered
956 Posts
My jewler has a ton of different sizes and when specs aren't available he just tries on a bunch till he gets a good fit. Then he writes it down for his records. He states it's more common to not find a published spec than not on older entry level watches, or as he likes to say "a challege".

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
It'll take the watch out of service for a while but I would get the old seal/gasket measure and order some in that size range and start trying them on. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Good call - I guess that's just one more reason why we have multiple watches! Hopefully my watchmaker will see it as a challenge and not just a PITA! If my watchmaker tells me the gasket specs I will post them in case anyone wants to change theirs.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.