WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice Oris ProPilot 40mm and it came on the attached canvas/sailcloth leather backed strap with a wonderful deployment.

I really like the strap, but I can't get it any smaller. The long side of the strap has a thinner section that will allow the deployment clasp to close and then it gets thicker from there to the lug.

I've run out of both the thinner section and the strap length, as it now wraps around underneath right up against the lug.

It also smelled like BO when I got it (used) and it took me a week in multiple baths of baking soda to leech out the stink!

So I've been thinking, can I get a custom strap made that would fit the deployment?

I've asked Oris if they had or would sell me a shorter version.....no answer yet.

Does anyone have recommendations for a reasonable strap maker that might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Skip

20170407_180511530_iOS.jpg

20170407_180455361_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Curious to hear about this too. If the OP finds a good resolution, I'd love to see an update to this thread!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just had a custom strap made by Aaron of Combat Straps. It wasn't cheap but it's a high quality bespoke strap made to my exact specs in just a bit over a week.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a Breitling deployant clasp with rubber straps. I had a custom leather maker in San Francisco make a custom strap of shark with hippo (or maybe rhino) lining. It was only $100. Not sure if he will do it remotely, but I could provide his info if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts