WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

After much consideration (and much more drooling over photos and reviews over here), I've decided to shoot for a moon watch. Expecting to get it soon off Amazon, got a great deal for 307 GBP.

Unfortunately, because I'm not always a patient dude when it comes to watches (that's yielded various results so far, though mostly positive), I got the velcro + "carbon" straps version, despite wanting the metal bracelet one.

My question (primarily for those of you hailing from Europe) is: where can I get the metal bracelet separately?

So far, I've only found it on AllAmericanWatches.com, but since they seem reluctant to ship internationally + my own reluctance of paying more than half a watch for shipping & customs.
Is there a better, more Europe-friendly option? Or perhaps another American one that some of you have dealt with without paying an arm and a leg?

Product details (as found on AllAmerican): 96B258 Bulova 8875 Apollo 15 Special Edition SS Bulova Replacement Watch Band

Many thanks in advance!

Bulova-Moon-Watch-7.jpg
(photo from A Blog To Watch)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ouch! Well, the more you know. Black leather it shall be, then. It would've never crossed my mind to check the lug holes of two identical watches, wonder why on earth they thought that would be a good idea.

Thanks for the info guys, much obliged!

Reactions: Commisar

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the strap version as well, and being aware that the Bulova bracelet wouldn't fit - I ordered a cheap ass noname bracelet off of eBay. It came as no big surprise when it didn't fit. The lug holes really are deep in/close to the case. Why are the lugs so big?

Anyway, is there really no bracelet at all that will fit this model (nicely/without leaving too much of a gap)?

I usually go for a black textile strap that I find feels nicer than the Bulova leather one, but I prefer bracelets in general.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I got the strap version as well, and being aware that the Bulova bracelet wouldn't fit - I ordered a cheap ass noname bracelet off of eBay. It came as no big surprise when it didn't fit. The lug holes really are deep in/close to the case. Why are the lugs so big?

Anyway, is there really no bracelet at all that will fit this model (nicely/without leaving too much of a gap)?

I usually go for a black textile strap that I find feels nicer than the Bulova leather one, but I prefer bracelets in general.
In what way did the bracelet not fit? Was it too close to the case, or too far away leaving a large gap?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The bracelet will fit the lug gap and curve, but the holes are in a different place, so the spring bars will not locate.

I'd love to know why the was done, its dumbass.

di modell Monza 20mm looks amazing on these.

Reactions: Commisar

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I know this thread is a year old, but I was wondering if you guys know what kind of clasp that is on the bracelet version? I like it, and I'm interested in picking up some after-market bracelets (for different watches than this one) that have this type of closure. I love my watches with the big fold-over clasps, but the clean look of this one has me keenly interested in picking up some more of this style closure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I know this thread is a year old, but I was wondering if you guys know what kind of clasp that is on the bracelet version? I like it, and I'm interested in picking up some after-market bracelets (for different watches than this one) that have this type of closure. I love my watches with the big fold-over clasps, but the clean look of this one has me keenly interested in picking up some more of this style closure.

Thanks.
A long time coming but this Bay link may help ;-)

https://www.ebayDOTco.uk/itm/20-22-...var=581345111933&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Correct as needed! Click and the link will fail, replace DOT with . and it should work

Regards
Jim

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've seen at least one picture with this on an aftermarket bracelet (I think, it's hard to know which Lunar Pilot he bought, but if he bought the bracelet version, why buy another bracelet so I'm assuming he bought the carbon fiber type one as I did). The bracelet was a Super Engineer (straight lugs presumably 22mm). It looked surprisingly good. There are also bracelets that rely on the watch being round which provide lugs but the straight one looked pretty good.

I guess I don't typically wear bracelets (which is why I bought the carbon fiber looking one because I wanted to use leather straps). But I might still want to use a bracelet occasionally so I wouldn't mind finding a good one, even if it's not identical to the original. Anyone actually done it and if so post pictures and stories

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s 2019 so I am a bit behind the curve...

Just wanted to ask: is it easier to buy the Lunar with the metal strap and then find aftermarket leather/NATO straps -or- is versa: buy the Lunar with the leather/NATO combo and find a metal strap to fit?

From what I have read in this thread it would seem buying the metal strap version and then finding aftermarket leather/NATO may be better.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
33,531 Posts
Buy the bracelet version. Much easier to adapt a strap to it than an aftermarket bracelet, IMHO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Buy the bracelet version. Much easier to adapt a strap to it than an aftermarket bracelet, IMHO.
It's been a while. I wear bracelets a lot more now, and I kind of wish I had bought the bracelet version but I really like the 2 piece NATO looking strap that comes in the non bracelet version. So there is that. I suspect that for me the only bracelet I could buy is a straight end link version. It just hasn't been a priority. I'm not sure what to call this 2 piece or if it has a real name. I kind of doubt it's an actual NASA type either, but I kind of like it. It's a really nice watch. My favorite quartz probably.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts