WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions if you'll humor me.

1, In the process of putting the bracket back on (despite being tired and lacking focus) I ended up with a broken spring bar and a bent link pin (I also have a link on that fairly freely slides in/out In concerned about). Would these be something a local boutique or AD would take care of me on, or should I just buy replacements somewhere? (I originally bought from Ace but I reside in the States so a quick stop in isn't viable.)

2a, She's coming up on 10 years old and while still running within COSC she went from +0.5s/d to -3.0s/d so it might be time for a service in the near future. Back when I bought her the hands-down advice was to send watches to Bienne because the US service centers had a horrid track record. Is that still the case?

2b, Since it's well out of warranty, is it really that vital to go through an Omega Service Center, or would a competent local watchmaker be just as good? (If the latter, does anyone have a recommendation on the greater Chicagoland area?)

A little worse for wear but she's back on the bracelet for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Bienne is always the best choice I think, but if you want a quicker turn around take it to Burdeen's in Buffalo Grove. They have a couple certified Omega watchmakers there who do immaculate work, and I've been very happy with the results. They handle the watches with care and charge fairly.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Check into Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle, too. Omega-authorized, and prices are the same as Omega service, but in my experience quality of the service is better. Good communication, quick turn-time, and excellent quality control.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Any decent AD will sort out the spring bars for you. Especially if you pop in during their quieter periods. They might not be so obliging if youre taking up valuable peak sales time on a Saturday afternoon.

With regards to service, I cant speak for the US service centres but ive never had a problem with the UK Omega SC. I think theyve all got theirs acts together over the past few years anyway so I hope the horror stories about service centres are a thing of the past.

·
Premium Member
42,686 Posts
Springbar is an easy fix for any good local pro.

As for service, IMHO, if it's working correctly, continue to enjoy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts