WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,528 Posts
If it was some sort of glue be it one spot (super glue) or contact adhesive or a silicone type adhesive there would be a residue. Also if the crystal was glued how could the compression ring do its job and how could the seal improve with increased pressure? The crystal needs to be able to move..
It has to be a lube to help with crystal installation even that though should leave some residue really though, but that might be harder to see..
Chris

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Just had to replace the crystal on my black and orange dude. I noticed the new hands touched sometimes so I took it apart to fix it. Put it together and noticed the crystal now had a circular crack!! No idea how or what caused it, it looks like the tension ring bay have caused it maybe the original crystal was pressed in too hard? Anyway new crystal in minus any glue and no leaks. Also I could not see any residue of glue when I removed the old crystal either so the mystery continues..
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.