WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a new Mandalorian armor on my GShock MTG900 watch. In taking the bezel case off the watch I broke one of the buttons.

watch-button-bezel.JPG

Fortunately this entire button assembly is still available so rather than try to glue the old one I bought the new assembly.

new button.jpg

I saw a nice YouTube video that shows a newer solar GShock watch being gutted and it doesn't look complicated however I'm not sure what would hold the buttons on the watch as they pass right through the bezel so I would think they're somehow screwed onto the module. Here's the

Does anybody here know how these button assemblies are held onto a GShock watch?

Marty

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I think I found the answer to why the buttons don't just fall out of the bezel. Casio does hold them inside the watch with little clips called E clips (or E ring in this video). They don't look difficult to remove.

Here's a

Marty

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think I found the answer to why the buttons don't just fall out of the bezel. Casio does hold them inside the watch with little clips called E clips (or E ring in this video). They don't look difficult to remove.

Here's a

Marty
We call those clips ' Jesus Christ ' clips in the engineering/automotive trades .

' Jesus Christ ,,, where did that clip go ' be careful as they fly out at 100's of MPH ! if you are not really careful removing and fitting them .
Hence the name .

Beanerds .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts