WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Replacing battery on Victorinox Summit XLT watch

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  neurogenesis 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello - I am a new member on here. I have a 10-year old Victorinox XLT, (new) black rubber band, black bezel, date at 3 o'clock (not four o'clock). I like to change my own watch straps and batteries, feeling that prices charged in a jewellery shop for such tasks is too high. In addition, I don't like how some general jewellers handle watches while working on them. Had some bad experiences in the past.

Anyway, I have a case opening tool, and know how to remove the back and make sure the watertight seal still works when I replace the back. Looking at the mechanism, I'm assuming that to replace the battery I have to undo the screw at the end of the arm where the flange is that forms one of the battery retainers. I have not attempted to pry the battery out without undoing the screw. Am I right in these assumptions? Anything else I should know?

Is there a tool available to make strap-changing on this watch easier? The original rubber straps seem prone to splitting after a few years, and while replacements come with the strap-side bars and connector attached, the old case/watch body bars still have to be pressed out and the new ones pressed in. There is a lot of information on the Internet about watch-strap removal, but not this type of strap, and while I have made a tool of my own that works OK if used carefully, I am wondering if there is a specific tool for the job.

Additionally, cab someone tell me how to remove a post from a forum? I initially posted this message in the wrong one.

Thanks for any advice.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can you post pictures?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.