WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive currently got a Heuer 1964 re-edition in at TAG getting an offical service/overhaul done.

As part of the overhaul the hands are being replaced, but now I'm not too sure if I should go with this as the dial has some patina to the lume markers and if I get new hands then the hands will be new but the dial lume will be older.

What does everyone think? Should I call them and see if I can have the hands remain original or should I just get the new handset installed?

Any opinions appreciated. Ive attached a photo that I hope will help seeing what I am talking about of the watch before it went in for service....

IMG_4132.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep the originals. Why are they even thinking about replacing the hands? And, if they insist on replacing the hands, have them return the originals to you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep the originals. Why are they even thinking about replacing the hands? And, if they insist on replacing the hands, have them return the originals to you.
I asked all originals returned which they said was fine when service was being ordered but now i think i might call and ask hands to remain the same. Its hard to tell from photos but the lume is yellowed a bit so new hands might look funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
It depends on how the hands are attached. If they are friction fit hands then the hole is slightly stretched when they are first applied to give a snug fit. If they re-use them a 2nd time they may not be as secure as they should be. That's why some brands always replace the hands at servicing.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on how the hands are attached. If they are friction fit hands then the hole is slightly stretched when they are first applied to give a snug fit. If they re-use them a 2nd time they may not be as secure as they should be. That's why some brands always replace the hands at servicing.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Maybe thats why - i never asked for them to be replaced and thry are installing a new movement so maybe hands have to be done. I think breitlibgs hands are like thst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts