WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here...

I recently buy Nixon "the Diplomat" and I'm wondering if it is possible to replace the quartz movement with eta 2893-2 (asia) or other movement? 4hz preferebly.

And also where can I buy the movement? I live in Indonesia.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
You’ll likely need to engage a watchmaker who can evaluate the measurements needed such as room in the case, spacing, and whether the hands and dial will fit. It’s generally best to find the watch you want with that movement. The expense, alone will likely not be worth it.

Reactions: Watchbreath

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’ll likely need to engage a watchmaker who can evaluate the measurements needed such as room in the case, spacing, and whether the hands and dial will fit. It’s generally best to find the watch you want with that movement. The expense, alone will likely not be worth it.
Thanks for your info

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,435 Posts
What is a "eta 2893-2 (asia)"?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,435 Posts
I mean copy of eta 2893-2 made in china
I'm not sure that such a movement exists. This is the GMT version of the 2892? Sea-Gull make a clone of the 2892 called ST18, but I don't think I've ever seen a GMT version. There are other Chinese GMT movements available from Sea-Gull, Shanghai, DG and probably others, but they will not be the same size. If you want a very thin automatic GMT movement, you might have to go Swiss.

...and then hope that the thickness, diameter, stem-to-dial height, hand sizes are all suitable for your watch. I wouldn't recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts