WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found this forum when I did some searching for my Sea Pathfinder's rechargeable battery. My watch has been exhibiting the same behavior as others have complained of on this forum. Problems with the light (get "Recover" message) and sometimes (seemingly at random) the watch completely resets. I bought this watch for about $30 a couple years ago from campmor. I like the tide display (I'm a kayaker) and can't find a reasonably priced tide watch (i.e. < $50) today. I don't want to spend $20 for a replacement CLT1616 that may not work. So I bought a $6 CR1616 battery and put it in the watch. It works! Only time will tell if the random resetting behavior has been fixed, but I am hopeful. Anyone else try this? I know that normal batteries are somewhat rechargeable so I am hoping that this battery will last a long time.

·
G-Shock Mod
13,956 Posts
i would have recommended the G9100 Gulfman, they have tidegraph are not far from your "reasonable price" range

even the AQF100WD series can be had for <$50

having said that, i still don't like the idea of putting a battery that's not design for recharging into a charging circuit ... :think:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi,

I found this forum when I did some searching for my Sea Pathfinder's rechargeable battery. My watch has been exhibiting the same behavior as others have complained of on this forum. Problems with the light (get "Recover" message) and sometimes (seemingly at random) the watch completely resets. I bought this watch for about $30 a couple years ago from campmor. I like the tide display (I'm a kayaker) and can't find a reasonably priced tide watch (i.e. < $50) today. I don't want to spend $20 for a replacement CLT1616 that may not work. So I bought a $6 CR1616 battery and put it in the watch. It works! Only time will tell if the random resetting behavior has been fixed, but I am hopeful. Anyone else try this? I know that normal batteries are somewhat rechargeable so I am hoping that this battery will last a long time.
Time for new watch! hiker_jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

It is working like a charm. Of course it has only been only 3 days, but so far so good. The old rechargable battery is interesting. When I get a chance I will do some tests on it. It is marked Panasonic Japan 1. It's voltage was about 2.4 when I took it out. I connected it to a lithium camera battery I had floating around for about 10 minutes. The voltage shot up to over 4 v, but in 3 days is has subsided to 2.63. If the new battery fails I'll try charging up the old one and putting it back in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendations. I checked them out and like the Gulfman. I notice it has a 7 year battery. I hope my new new battery will last that long.

i would have recommended the G9100 Gulfman, they have tidegraph are not far from your "reasonable price" range

even the AQF100WD series can be had for <$50

having said that, i still don't like the idea of putting a battery that's not design for recharging into a charging circuit ... :think:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:
It has been four months and the resetting problem has returned. Since the watch has been out of my drawer for only a few weeks during this time I am disappointed. Looks like time for a new watch.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
So...what to do with the old one ;-)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts