WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced the back on my Tissot V8 quartz chronograph, I pressed hard with my thumbs and it seems to be back on, but I didn't hear a click when I did it. Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Tissots usually have red plastic (thick) gaskets. If this is one of those model, it is normal to not hear a click and these can be closed by hand. Just take a loupe and look around the edge of the case back to visually inspect that it is seated properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it did have a red gasket, and on inspection seems closed all round. Thanks for your reassuring reply!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Easy to find out just use your fingernail to pry it up, if on right it will not pop open.

Reactions: Philbo24

·
Premium Member
61,712 Posts
I’ve done a couple of Tissots and they didn’t close with a definite “click” I just ensured that the backs were flush with the case and all was well.

·
Registered
29,221 Posts
Just make sure the caseback gap is even all the way around and as flush as it can be and you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Sounds like you've done it right. A good thing to have is an inexpensive caseback press. Just make sure the gasket is in place and, in the case of thin rubber ones, not stretched out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts