WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know its not to be cut but I just got this watch in a trade and have learned that it has ben cut on the short side. I can't imagine why it was cut or why this wasn't shared with me but now I'm in a bit of a pickle. Anybody know where I might get a replacement strap or even just the 12 o'clock rubber piece? Maybe its an easy fix? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The strap looks like the standard divers rubber strap so, for a genuine one, you'll have to see an AD.

There are some aftermarket versions available around the place too but i dont know the quality or whether they would fit.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I'm not sure why the previous owner would cut that strap, as it's the new-style deployant strap that doesn't require cutting. Some people are idiots.

Anyway, it's not the standard diver strap (i.e. the type that requires cutting to size that Oris uses on the Diver line) so you won't find any aftermarket clone straps that will work (I've only seen clones of the standard Oris rubber straps). Your only option will be to order a complete new strap from an Oris AD (you can order them without the clasp). The strap reference is imprinted on the strap, and it's probably identical to the strap for the Prodiver Kittiwake, and, although they use this style strap on the Aquis line, it's a different size. You can take a shot with eBay as well, but these straps are extremely rare and you don't see them on eBay often (make sure you search for the correct reference number to make sure BOTH the inner and outer lug dimensions are correct).

Try contacting Topper Jewelers in the Bay Area (Oris forum sponsor) to get a price. Another WUS sponsor I have purchased Oris straps from in the past is Jambor Jewelers (they're in Spain, but their prices are by far the best I've found, including shipping). You'll need to shoot them an email with the specifics and they'll get back to you with a price.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
61,773 Posts
The only time you need to cut one of these straps is when you've got wrists as thin as mine. Any cutting that is required is done at the sledge end where the little silver bars are. Otherwise there is a large degree of adjustment in the strap and sledge. Like Brent says you may just get lucky and see one on the bay but as they are fairly rare it probably an AD job. Oris make a few sliding sledge straps so it's important to get the right one for your watch - it may be the 07 34 20 60 EB but don't take my word for it whatever you do. I have heard of folks cutting the lug bit of the strap with the adjuster holes on it as a comfort thing as some wearers don't like the feel of it on their wrist. This may be what your seller has done

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I stand corrected. I just took a look at mine and saw that it IS possible to cut the short (6 o'clock) side of the strap down where the sizing bars are at the clasp (I'd never paid attention to them). I measured it out, and even if the strap was cut down to its minimum length (three notches/bars removed) the watch will still fit up to a 9" wrist when adjusted to its maximum length on the opposite strap-end and the clasp extension adjusted to its maximum. You must have a MONSTER wrist if you can't get it to fit. Without any cutting, the strap can be adjusted to fit a wrist that's less than 6", so, as you can see, this style of strap and clasp has a huge fit range before there's any need to cut it.

Question for the OP. Where exactly was the strap cut? It sounds from your description that it was on the side (12 o'clock) that is not designed to be cut.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
There's a dealer in MN or WI that you can find around here with great strap prices. Use the search.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help. I've left a message with Topper to see if they can sell a replacement strap to me. Much appreciated, guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts