WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that discussion or even mention of replica watches seems to be a big no-no around here. I do not want to debate the value of a replica watch compared to the real thing. But I do want to find out why there seems to be such a large availability for these but you almost never see them out and about. I also want to know if genuine cases, dials and bracelets are often used.

Fake Rolex watches has always been something I have heard about. I was even given one as a gift when I was young. It is one of my current watches and you can definitely tell that it is not authentic. Recently I fell in love with a $5000 watch (no chance of ever buying it) so I started looking around for a replica. I was suprised to find replica offerings and I found one that looks really nice. I will post a review when it arrives.

I noticed another poster questioning the authenticity of his $5000 watch and a couple posters told him that authenticity can sometimes be next to impossible to verify by visual inspection alone. I ask:why is this?

Are they using genuine parts, or parts made in the same way as the real thing? Is the movement and the name (warranty) the only reason for the price difference?

Why do I never see anyone out and about in public wearing a nice/interesting watch? Real or replica? Every now and again I see a Tag or Brietling (I hate them both), but never anything that interests me in the slightest.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My thoughts are this, replicas are not endorsed or appreciated on these forums, and any review you post will be deleted.

Do they share parts, no. Whats the difference? Replicas will become a $300 paperweight in 2 years while the genuine watch will last a lifetime.

There are many forums that discuss replicas, this isn't one of them.

Mark

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
My thoughts are this, replicas are not endorsed or appreciated on these forums, and any review you post will be deleted.

Do they share parts, no. Whats the difference? Replicas will become a $300 paperweight in 2 years while the genuine watch will last a lifetime.

There are many forums that discuss replicas, this isn't one of them.

Mark
True dat. To the OP, you have been on here for over a year, I think you may know the answer to a few of questions. No reason to even debate or try to discuss a fake watch aka replica.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
So I know that discussion or even mention of replica watches seems to be a big no-no around here.
It doesn't just "seem to be a big no-no", it's a clear violation of the rules:

6 No discussions or pictures of replica watches, or links to replica watch sites unless previously approved by a moderator or the site owner.

I'm closing this one now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.