Discussion Starter #1
ever heard of it?
all i know it's a swiss brand name
where can i get more info about it?
thanks

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I searched using different engines - 0 result. Sorry!
A pic would help. Is in new/old, Quartz/mech, etc.

S

·
0 Posts
Private Label Brand

Private label products are typically those manufactured or provided by one company for offer under another company's brand.

Repercussions of PLbranding:

+ persistant recurring designs with a multitude of different brand names
+ no watchmaking tradition or history (not the PLB producer but the PLB seller)
+ commutability

Conformity kills inventiveness and creativity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there fellas! Finally I found an owner that also seeks info about this brand. This thread is the only thing I found. I'll tell you what I know.

I also have a Reporter piece, a very nice and rare one. I'll attach better pictures later on (my phone has a poor camera). The brand is a clothes brand (similar as Hugo Boss) that also has an accessory line, but in difference to usual cheap accessories (like Boss watches), they choose better quality pieces with some unique features and request from the producer to put their name on it. You have a nice example (please do post some more pictures), but mine is even more interesting. First, it is solid gold 18K, the dial is real enamel and the movement is a very specially decorated Unitas calibre (one of the best calibres for pocket watches). The special feature is that it is not decorated as usual with engravings, but it is painted with same patterns as it would be ingraved. So the mechanism is painted on the see through back - a feature that I didn't find on any watch wherever in the world. I also have the warranty and instructions booklet. Also you can see the brand is consistent in the use of the same numbers font on the dials.
The brand was named "Reporter - Watches to wear" and think it isn't alive no more, because these watches weren't cheap and they didn't sell well.
The brand is now a part of a global multinational: Reporter | Inghirami Company

I bought it from a watch retailer in Trieste, Italy 15 years ago and at the time there weren't many so nice looking skletonized watches around. So yes, these watches are not from a watchmaker brand and are not in-house and stuff like that, but are very interesting pieces for collectors because they have some unusual features and don't get so pricey as the renown brands

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to those who put the time and effort into this thread. Over the years I've been trying to learn more about a Reporter watch I bought in Catanzaro, Italy in 2004, and this site has been helpful. For those interested, there's a website for these watches which I've found (mostly by searching around in Italian, go figure). The site has them listed as "Reportertime " Watches, and claims they are of Swiss origin. There's an option to view the site in English, but it doesn't translate the original Italian well, and comes out a bit garbled. I'll post photos of my timepiece if I get the chance. Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts