WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I've not posted in some time..but have been reading the posts and wearing omega's.........

I have the oportunity to acquire a military Omega Manual Wind and I need some advice form the forum please. Therefole I'll proved a description followed by my questions.

DESCRIPTION:

I didnt have me camera handy so I do not have any pictures, the description is as follows. (The dealer did allow me to open the case).
Calibre 30T2.
Movement No 102775XX
Inscription on casebacek 106772XX
inscription inside caseback 106772xx.
Movement: Clean and Silver coloured. no gold plating / Washing.
Dial: Black with Military marking.
Crystal: Domed non saphire / non crystal.
Hands: Stick andSword patern.

My Questions:

1. Should I be concerned that the number on the caseback does not match the movement ?

2: Did Calibre 30t2 appear in a model similar to that which I described.

thanks in advnace

Pat_B

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
On the caseback it is very unusual to have the movement number on it!! i have never seen this before? sometimes on military watches they have other military numbers.. could this be the case here?
the 30t2 was used in a number of military omegas, but be aware that these military watches are the most faked out there and lots if fake military markings are added to civilian models to make them more $$$. I personally know nothing about the military markings etc as it is something i have purposefully stayed away from as too many fakes :rodekaart:rodekaart
without photos impossible to say whether fake or not.. if in doubt stay away is my rule of thumb.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mamas,
thanks for the input.

The movement looks like a genuine omega for sure.

Like you I am concenred at the level of either deliberate faking ..or "put togethers".

I trust the dealer but I dont know the source.

I think I'll follow your advice and stay away.

Pat_B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts