WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally hit the big 3 0. I found this dw5900 for £9.50. From the description i couldn't tell if the module was faulty or the battery was dead. I bought it anyway. After a removing the strap and bezel i gave the case a good scrub and found the crystal was like new. With a new battery it fired up no problems. I fit a new Brazilian bezel and new Casio 5900 strap, the thing looks as good as new.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
looks good. I have a 5900 I bought that had resin rot, it's just sitting in a drawer. I've seen some listings for new 5900 bezels and straps. If I purchased those, (not sure if they're new or NOS, I would assume NOS) do those have the chance to resin rot as well?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good. I have a 5900 I bought that had resin rot, it's just sitting in a drawer. I've seen some listings for new 5900 bezels and straps. If I purchased those, (not sure if they're new or NOS, I would assume NOS) do those have the chance to resin rot as well?
I suppose it all depends on the age and storage with old stock. eventually all resin will degrade over time. The bezel i bought wasn't an original Casio so i'm not sure how it would perform over time. :think:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
oh ok....well the reason I asked that, was because I only hear of resin rot affecting g-shocks maybe around 1995 and before. So with that said, I thought it might have had something to do with the ingredients that they used to make the resin back then.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh ok....well the reason I asked that, was because I only hear of resin rot affecting g-shocks maybe around 1995 and before. So with that said, I thought it might have had something to do with the ingredients that they used to make the resin back then.
I recon todays resin is different too. my old dw-6600 strap feels more like plastic but that might have something to do with the colour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts