WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got this 18k gold Zenith watch, I think from the 50s.
I think I'm pretty good at finding info online but I've never seen this Guilloché dial online or elsewhere.
So I'm here asking for some help.
Maybe someone knows something about this watch?
Do you have any idea about the price?

Since I'm here, I'm also considering selling some watches I've. Other than chrono24, ebay and catawiki. Do you recommend any other marketplace? (secure!!)
Thanks

View attachment 15140971 View attachment 15140979 View attachment 15140985 View attachment 15140991

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't able to view the attachments - please try posting again. Thanks
I'm so sorry, I'm not familiar with this forum.
I've actually asked support, because the link was not working and now the pictures are way too big.
I can't even find a way to delete this post and do it again. Anyway those are the pictures, thanks
So this post started in the wrong way :)

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
All I can say is that the watch looks entirely genuine (except possibly the crown - I would expect a logo on it: the five pointed star wit ha superimposed "Z"; if that is missing, it's a generic replacement). It is a wonderful looking watch, especially with that dial! How valuable? I am afraid we don't give valuations here since it it too difficult to be precise. If you can get the movement serial number (under the balance), we could date it more accurately. Otherwise: early sixties (not the fifties).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can say is that the watch looks entirely genuine (except possibly the crown - I would expect a logo on it: the five pointed star wit ha superimposed "Z"; if that is missing, it's a generic replacement). It is a wonderful looking watch, especially with that dial! How valuable? I am afraid we don't give valuations here since it it too difficult to be precise. If you can get the movement serial number (under the balance), we could date it more accurately. Otherwise: early sixties (not the fifties).

Hartmut Richter
ok thank you! what I find odd about this watch is actually the Dial as you mentioned, and also it has both a KIF and INCABLOC. Do you think this is a rare piece? Or you saw something else like this?

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
The Incabloc on the balance and Kif on the escapement gear is standard for that movement (as well as e.g. the Cal. 40 and 40T) so that is nothing special:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Zenith 2531

The dial makes it rarer and, for Zenith, rather unusual but not really so rare as to raise the value enormously. And for watches of around that time, it really isn't anything very special.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts