WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Craftsmenship issues with Carrera Calibre S?

Thought this would be helpful. I just got a new Calibre S and had a nasty alignment issue (the minute hand was off by about 1/3rd of a marking). I googled and found this page. I then checked the manual. Page 13 describes how to fix the alignment (this is a common issue amongst chronographs). I've fixed mine and it aligns beautifully. After running it through a few rounds of stop/start tests it remains perfectly aligned.

I hope this is helpful and this looks like a great forum.

The instructions, in brief, are:

Set to time mode.

Hold down A and B buttons for about 2 seconds until you see the chrono reset to zero.

Now you can set the hour hand manually to zero by hitting A. Hit B to move on to minutes hand (and then set this to zero manually by hitting A). Hit B to move to seconds and repeat if necessary.

Go back to Time mode again by pushing on the crown.

This fixed it for me and it now aligns perfectly... Great looking watch too!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Re: Craftsmenship issues with Carrera Calibre S?

By coincidence I just did that myself tonight on my new Formula 1 Calibre S. The minute hand was off by a minute, at least in chrono mode.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to zero the second hand to set it against my atomic watch!

continued - actually I have, as they say RTFM, the seconds hand resets to zero if the minute hand is adjusted while setting the time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah its called re-calibrating. I had to do it on a Link Calibre S the other day. Good info to have on here. :-!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've found that pulling out the crown in the time mode to check/show the year/month can "move" the minutes hand a tad and put it "off". Pulling out the crown a couple of times generally sets it straight.

Very clever movement overall, although the day of the week could have been added on one of the counters I'm sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had to adjust the seconds on my Link Calibre S. It was off by two seconds when zeroed. Any idea what causes it to be off?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
i had the seconds hand of by -5 secs and this fixed it, buy i also have the right date hand between the numbers, how can i align the date hands??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi All,
I have just bought a used Tag Regatta Cal S, and my question is not actually to do with the hand setting, altho this thread is extremely useful. Thanks.
My question is, should the crown screw down to be waterproof, cos mine does not appear to, if it should how the hell do you do it?
Thanks in anticipation, Oh please be gentle with me, if I am being an idiot. The book does not appear to be clear on this.
Regards, Graham

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
AFAIK the crown doesn't screw down, no, and based on the way you change modes (push the crown in), it would be a problem if it did ;-)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks Webvan,
That's my thinking , so why on page 8 of the instruction manuel does it say "The crown has three positions:-
-in position (0)
-Neutral(Position 1)
-out(Position 2)
Is it any wonder I was confused!!
Still a super watch...I love it.
Regards, Graham.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Thanks Webvan,
That's my thinking , so why on page 8 of the instruction manuel does it say "The crown has three positions:-
-in position (0)
-Neutral(Position 1)
-out(Position 2)
Is it any wonder I was confused!!
Still a super watch...I love it.
Regards, Graham.
Number of positions has nothing to do with it being scewdown or push pull. The carreras and Monacos three positions as well but are push pull crowns.

·
Registered
56 Posts
any tips on how to set the retrograde counters? mine keep on getting misaligned - going beyond 9 in the right side counter when displaying the date.

thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
any tips on how to set the retrograde counters? mine keep on getting misaligned - going beyond 9 in the right side counter when displaying the date.

thanks!

figured it out - pressing a won't let it reset to zero. have to hold down a until the indicator springs back then press a until it aligns. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
figured it out - pressing a won't let it reset to zero. have to hold down a until the indicator springs back then press a until it aligns. :)
hey dude.. im having a problem now.. my counters are not going back to zero.. when i tried the reset thing it stays at 2 on the left one and between 2 & 3 on the right hand one.. so my date is kinda messed up.. how do i reset this back to goto 0? coz it goes beyond 9 and beyond regatta now.. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
follow the instructions of the original poster. when pressing Button "A" adjusts the retrograde hands, hold down button A to reset the retrograde counters. they should reset to the extreme end (before 0) press "A" again until the hands are properly aligned.

goodluck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All

Just had my watch back from a battery replacement.
Problem is I cant reset the small hands to zero,they are both off the markers.
Reset time and date fine.
Help before I sling it !!!!!

Cheers

Stu

1 - 20 of 42 Posts