WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
Hi All

Just had my watch back from a battery replacement.
Problem is I cant reset the small hands to zero,they are both off the markers.
Reset time and date fine.
Help before I sling it !!!!!

Cheers

Stu
If I remember this thread correctly, it answers these questions. It's frustrating but easily fixed. That's why we made this appear at the top of the forum.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I must be in the boat Stu was in, I reset the hour hand multiple times from the 6 o clock to the 12 o clock position, then press the crown to return to the time. If I press the crown again to enter the chrono mode the hour marker returns to the 6 o clock position again. What the heck am I doing wrong or is this thing broke?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have a Swiss Army Victorinox 500M Chrono Quartz (ETA 251.272), the hour hand of the chrono is off the 12 hour mark by 1/3 anti-clockwise, actually that it is between the 11 and 12 hour mark, but somewhat more towards the 12 hour mark.

Does the above mentioned procedure also imply on other quartz chrono watches, and also does anybody know a procedure on how to reset the chrono on a Swiss Army with ETA movement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
ETA maintains user manuals for all its current movements on the service portal section of eta.ch.... find out the movement number and then look it up on that site.

Hi,
I have a Swiss Army Victorinox 500M Chrono Quartz (ETA 251.272), the hour hand of the chrono is off the 12 hour mark by 1/3 anti-clockwise, actually that it is between the 11 and 12 hour mark, but somewhat more towards the 12 hour mark.

Does the above mentioned procedure also imply on other quartz chrono watches, and also does anybody know a procedure on how to reset the chrono on a Swiss Army with ETA movement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello mate.

I have a Calibre S retrograde (CV7A10). My problem is, that when I read the time - for instance 1200 hrs, the minute hand is correct, however, the hour hand is approx 30 minutes to the left (sort of in the 1130 position). I dont have the instructions, so can you please (if you would be so kind) as to identify, which button on the watch is A, B etc. Thanks very much. Rus in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a CV7A10 (Tag Calibre S Retrograde). I am having problems setting the hour hand. It is not aligned (currently half an hour to the left). I have read the instructions, but there are no troubleshooting tips. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. When I pull out the crown, the second hand does not allign correctly to any of the settings (5 secs, 15 secs, 45 secs etc). please please help.... Thanks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

Just had my watch back from a battery replacement.
Problem is I cant reset the small hands to zero,they are both off the markers.
Reset time and date fine.
Help before I sling it !!!!!

Cheers

Stu
Looks like a lot of you are having the same simular proplem here is a link to a manual with several watches in it along with how to reset the Hands. (I found it looking for the same problem for a CALIBRE ETA 251.272 )

http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys_master/timepieces_manuals/8798750146590/Chrono I EU_ENG.pdf

hope this helps

·
Registered
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i've got a Forumla 1 Calibre S model as well. I have been recalibrating the chronograph several times since i got this watch almost a year ago. Is this a common issue that the chronograph mode always goes off every few days? Not only the second hand but the minute hand also goes astray.. by 5 minutes or sometimes its at the 10 or 11 o'clock position... anyone else is facing this issue? is my unit a defect or something??

please advice dear forumers. thanks in advance.

BR,

Scott

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
Bad batteries do strange things. If it is not that, time to visit the watch doc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Craftsmenship issues with Carrera Calibre S?

By coincidence I just did that myself tonight on my new Formula 1 Calibre S. The minute hand was off by a minute, at least in chrono mode.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to zero the second hand to set it against my atomic watch!

continued - actually I have, as they say RTFM, the seconds hand resets to zero if the minute hand is adjusted while setting the time.
Easy to zero the second hand. In time setting mode, go to the mode where setting the minute hand (second hand pointing at 30 minute, 6 o'clock position), set the minute ahead one to be ready for the time signal, then push in the crown to go back to time mode at the time signal, and the second hand will automatically start at zero, synching your watch to the time signal/atomic watch.

·
Registered
1 Posts

First time poster, so be gentle folks.

We were recently on a trip to California and I picked up a Link Calibre S with Blue dial (CJF7113.BA0592) from one of the Tag stores. My original Tag was a 1500 series Professional which I love to bits, but the constant need to keep tweaking the calendar at the end of the month got on my nerves.

Anyway, back to the Link Calibre S. I'm enjoying the watch immensely (especially the perpetual calendar), but have noticed that the Chrono mode doesn't seem to like the alignment for the second hand very much, allow me to explain.

When switching to Chrono, the hands should point to 12 (assuming the last time in Chrono mode that the reset pusher was hit before reverting to time mode). I've noticed that on quite a few occasions, that when performing the reset to zero, the second hand does not return to pointing at 12, but will often end up somewhere between 12 and the 5 minute mark.

Now in case you think "well, it's easy to reset" and "so what, it's only affecting the Chrono side, right?", I've had this behaviour happen several times in a day and it's not just the Chrono that's affected. How do I know that? Well when watching the second hand sweep up to 12 whilst in time mode, the minute hand should move as as the second hand hits 12. Except it doesn't, the minute hand instead moves when the second hand reaches the "zero position" shown in the Chrono mode, eg the incorrectly offset position between 12 and the 5 min mark.

My question is, this surely isn't right on a timepiece at this price point is it? My next stop will be a Tag AD to get the watch checked/repaired but I'd welcome comments from anybody else who's been through a similar experience.

·
Registered
18,180 Posts

The resetting instructions are to handle electrical faults where the movement forgets where the hands are due to battery swaps, gamma rays, your dog's bad breath, etc.

If there is a mechanical problem, like something is not tight, they won't fix the problem. But a TAG service center can!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

Well the seconds hand on my F1 Calibre S has started acting up, it "wobbles" a bit and then doesn't align properly in chrono mode. I reset it a couple of times but it doesn't help. I checked the battery and it's very weak so I ordered a new one to see if it fixes the problem which is fairly typical of quartz watches running on a low battery. Unfortunately it's of the rarer CR2320 variety like the X33 so it will take a few days.

Not sure if the Calibre S has an EOL feature or how long the battery is supposed to last (I got my F1 4 years ago so it's at least that old) but it's worth giving a new battery a try anyway as I shudder to think what Tag would demand to service it ;-)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

Dunno, sorry, you could always try what's been described to see if it works.

Well the seconds hand on my F1 Calibre S has started acting up, it "wobbles" a bit and then doesn't align properly in chrono mode. I reset it a couple of times but it doesn't help. I checked the battery and it's very weak so I ordered a new one to see if it fixes the problem which is fairly typical of quartz watches running on a low battery. Unfortunately it's of the rarer CR2320 variety like the X33 so it will take a few days. Not sure if the Calibre S has an EOL feature or how long the battery is supposed to last (I got my F1 4 years ago so it's at least that old) but it's worth giving a new battery a try anyway as I shudder to think what Tag would demand to service it...
Renata 2320 battery finally made it and I'm happy to report that my F1 Calibre S is ticking again like it should, phew ! I'm going to wear it to celebrate ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts

Thanks for the instructions. I bought a mint pre-owned Aquaracer300 quartz and the sweepsecond hand was off in the reset position. Not now.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts