WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After worn a little while; why some resin G-Shock straps are getting more flexible, but some did not. What is the best solution to soften the resin band? Human hand lotion, cooking oil, gasoline, motor oil...etc. :think:

I like my Pathfinder PAW-1200 strap. It is real flexible and smooth. If Casio uses this material for all G-Shock, it would be perfect.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Hi Asuoab,

Actually I have no answer for you. I have heard of people curving resin bands in hot water. Actually I woud like to say that the original DW-5600C watchband were the most flexible and comfortable watchband I have ever had.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Asuoab,

Actually I have no answer for you. I have heard of people curving resin bands in hot water. Actually I woud like to say that the original DW-5600C watchband were the most flexible and comfortable watchband I have ever had.

Cheers,

Sjors
Hi Sjors,
My DW-5600EV is acting the same way like yours. The strap was very hard at begining, after absorbed sweat, salt, oil, dust from my wrist it is turned flexible like rubber band.

I will try with boiling water tonight for the hard strap, and let you know.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Almost all the resin bands I've owned are comfortable except the G-3000 series & GW-300 series. Sometimes it helps if you buckle the strap & put it on a watchstand for a few days.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The jelly on my 6620 is crazy flexible and comfy all at the same time. I can only hope that my newest jellies turn out the same... |>

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Asuoab,

Cheers,

Sjors

Hi Sjors, Thank you so much for the tip "hot water". It is working perfectly. All my resin bands now very soft and flexible after I soaked both sides in boiling water glass: (Even it was cool down by AC in house)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It looks like he is brewing a glass of G-Shock tea? :think: Or maybe it's a G-Shock cocktail, hold the shrimp... :-d ;-) :-d

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sjors said:
Hello Asuoab,

great it all worked out, but that was not the reason of my reply. That's a very original looking picture:-!:p

Cheers,

Sjors
Only way to appreciate your help is the picture :)
The process is so simple, but greatly helps!!!

It looks like he is brewing a glass of G-Shock tea? :think: Or maybe it's a G-Shock cocktail, hold the shrimp... :-d ;-) :-d
What a good guess you have! I used extra boiling water in the pot for my green tea afterward! ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts