WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been noticing that with my resin bands this white powdery substance forms. I know this is mentioned in the manual but is there an easy way to get rid of it? I ran it over some water but it's still there. It's really beginning to bother me, can anyone help? o|

·
Banned
616 Posts
thats not a resin residue bro....its ur dead skin cells and sweat and dust collecting in the crevices and coners......tats normal for an active guys like us......
this what u need to do bro
1.Strip ur watch of the bezel,band and the retainer
2. Get a container and fill it up with hot....not boiling..so ur items above is fully submerged
3.Squeeze some liquid detergent dishwasher
4.Mix it and then leave it for about 5 mins
5.Get an unused toothbrush and scrub at the areas that is covered with the residues
6.After scrubbing rinse it off with tap water and dab it with kitchen tissue
7.Hey it looks clean
TAKE CARE NOT TO SCALD UR HANDS DURING THE WASHING FROM THE CONTAINER
Thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
thats not a resin residue bro....its ur dead skin cells and sweat and dust collecting in the crevices and coners......tats normal for an active guys like us......
Ughhh
And all these years I thought it was built up soap and the such from showering with it every for years and years. My longest worn one is quite gross. I do scratch it with my nail at times or brush it with a toothbrush, but a lot of it stays. I guess that just means I'm a sweaty, dirty, active person-- that never takes the watch off. Ewww...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ughhh
And all these years I thought it was built up soap and the such from showering with it every for years and years. My longest worn one is quite gross. I do scratch it with my nail at times or brush it with a toothbrush, but a lot of it stays. I guess that just means I'm a sweaty, dirty, active person-- that never takes the watch off. Ewww...
...EWWW KWIATEK!!! <|

lol :-d

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this what u need to do bro
1.Strip ur watch of the bezel,band and the retainer
2. Get a container and fill it up with hot....not boiling..so ur items above is fully submerged
3.Squeeze some liquid detergent dishwasher
4.Mix it and then leave it for about 5 mins
5.Get an unused toothbrush and scrub at the areas that is covered with the residues
6.After scrubbing rinse it off with tap water and dab it with kitchen tissue
7.Hey it looks clean
TAKE CARE NOT TO SCALD UR HANDS DURING THE WASHING FROM THE CONTAINER
Thanks
Thanks! I'll try this! I was wondering why there was so much of it but I am a long distance runner and very active so now it makes sense. I shower very often but now I feel gross :-d

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The resin bands and bezels on old G-Shocks do in time develop a residue, even if you do not wear them. It cleans off easily and is normal.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Ughhh
And all these years I thought it was built up soap and the such from showering with it every for years and years.
You were right all along, at least regarding residue on the OUTSIDE of the strap and watch. My Mudman gets it like crazy in the strap crevices on the OUTSIDE; definitely some kind a soap residue from the shower. I have to take a toothbrush to it, as it drives me nuts too!o|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts