WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I expected better quality control from a watch that costs EUR1000.

Recently bought 2 H2O Orca watches, they're fantastic looking watches. But, they may have let a few mistakes slip through due to their high sales volumes. Emailed them but no reply for 2 days.

1) Got a blue dial watch with a nick in the 4 (big) and 5 (small) hour lume markers. Also running 20 seconds fast each day, I've given it a month to settle down, and no change. Most of my other micros run at +/- 5 seconds.

h2o_watch_blue.jpg

2) Got a gun metal dial watch with the super thick sapphire, the website said this will give the watch a 4000m water resistance but it came with a 2000m case back instead.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Re: H2O watch, is this acceptable?

I'd definitely be contacting them. But as the OP said give them another day or two and then shoot them a follow up email.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys, I'll give him a few more days.

Just found it odd that I was twice unlucky. I've read some really good recommendations for H2O and Clemens in the past.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

not acceptable, follow up and get it sorted, I'm sure he'll take care of you.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts

Never owned one, however I love the design of the watched but from experienced owners reviews and comments his watches are almost always flawless and quality is top notch, if you read some threads communication is slow at times. Be Patient but persistent would be my recommendation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,456 Posts

Nice watch. I hope it gets sorted.

How's the bezel action?

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
H2O watch, is this acceptable?

I think you jumped the gun posting your concerns after only two days had elapsed without a response from Clemens.
Did you read his title? He was asking for community feedback on whether his concerns are valid. Seemed pretty respectful, and not badmouthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts

No you are not nitpicking. Your purchase should be pristine, and there isn't any reason not to expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts

Seems like a perfectly valid question to ask of a watch community. And if the brand (person) takes care of his customer well and that customer posts about a positive service experience they may actually gain a few customers.

Mistakes happen, so to me it's how they are handled that really matters. I will say another micro turned me into a customer for life by the way they handled an issue that I had with a watch. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

*UPDATE*

1. He asked me to take the watch to get regulated at a local watch maker.
2. He said the pits in the lume were not serious enough to be a warranty issue as superluminova sheets tend to have a rough texture (??) :-s
3. He offered to give me another handset I requested (for free) as compensation for part 2.

I accepted his offer but asked if taking it to a watchmaker will affect warranty, he hasn't replied to confirm. Nor did he reply to the follow up email. It's been a week.

-> Overall, the watches are really beautiful and well made. Just concerned about after market customer service.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

Along the same lines, i've just received my H2O marlin and its not the configuration I ordered. I've emailed, just waiting for a reply.
I feel for you.

My other orca with extra thick sapphire came with a 2000m caseback instead of the 4000m caseback.

I don't think I'm going to do anything about it - I'll never need 2000m, let alone 4000m. Opening the caseback could compromise water resistance.

Good luck with getting your issue sorted - sounds like a more serious one than mine.

Nice watch. I hope it gets sorted.

How's the bezel action?

Pretty good. Very tight at first, but loosens to a medium firm after a while.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

I assume he would make sure to re-seal back properly and test it, I would want the correct case-back, not about need but getting it right - to each their own.
I feel for you.

My other orca with extra thick sapphire came with a 2000m caseback instead of the 4000m caseback.

I don't think I'm going to do anything about it - I'll never need 2000m, let alone 4000m. Opening the caseback could compromise water resistance.

Good luck with getting your issue sorted - sounds like a more serious one than mine.

Pretty good. Very tight at first, but loosens to a medium firm after a while.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts