WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying a preloved Rolex when I'm visiting New York City. I'm would be looking for the classic submariner with date OR a classic GMT (black, pepsi or coke bezel).

Now, I'm looking for a respectable store, private seller/collector in New York City who sells preloved Rolex's with all the correct papers, box, tag,... IF that store or seller would have a website were I can see the collection in advance, that would be really great!

A store like this in NYC would be great ;)
http://www.luxurytyme.com/travel/27_files/Day6/tokyo6.jpg

Thanks guys ;)

Pj

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would like to know as well since I'm visiting NYC in october and am looking for pre-used Rolexes.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think that in order to accomplish what you're trying to do, you're going to have to find a fellow Rolex enthusiast on a sales forum. Really, in New York City you can buy anything, and the first place I'd recommend for window shopping are the dozens of shops and sales counters on 47th Street in the Diamond District, but the vast majority of those kinds of sellers are not likely to stock the original box, papers and tags...that's just not how they acquire their stock. And because of the circus atmosphere of those shops, be prepared to do some hard bargaining if you do find what you're looking for because that's the nature of the seller-buyer relationship in that area.

There are some more sedate pre owned sellers in the City, but because of the cost of doing business in NYC, nothing is really 'cheap' there.

Of course, you could also scan Craigs List for NYC and see what private sellers are offering and if you take the time to browse the web for preowned Rolex sellers, there are indeed a couple of regular sellers that show up often in various sales forums...so if you do your homework, you might get lucky.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Golda Jewelry on the 47th street. You can view their watches on Chronos24. It's a brick and mortar shop that's been there for 25 years. No high pressure tactics and they're actually nice guys. Do your homework on prices. There a lot of places on 47th that have Booths. Problem is there usually gone or rotate to another location after a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts