WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this DW-9000 in bad conditions two years ago and after some purchases of spares for it I could restore and repair it.

Before:

the Worst conditions o|o|o|o|:rodekaart:rodekaart

20111028203858.jpg :-:)-:)think:

20111101150820.jpg :-:)-:)-|

Taking a bath.

20111028223028.jpg

After:

img5410x.jpg :-!:-d:)

img5406z.jpg :-!:-d:)

In this photo with one brother GW-7900B.

img5407so.jpg :-!:-d:)

img5412p.jpg :-!:-d:)

So in the end it is living "La vida loca".;-);-)b-)b-)

The G-Shocks are like cats, they will have a lot of lives if you take care with them. :-!:-!:-!:-!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Very nice work, elmilto. Wow, you sure paid a lot on the parts. The bezel is still available from CASIO but I think the band has been discontinued and is hard to find. Ultimately, the best way to look at it is as though you've basically bought a nearly new DW-9000 for the price of the parts. Not bad actually.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I dont think you spent alot on the parts. To think about it you can get a GShock 5900 new for 90 dollars which is similar I think. If a watch has any sentimental value its normal to spend money on it. I think $60 is inexpensive and it turned out really well, good job on the restore.

I heard it costs thousands and thousands to restore an old Patek. I know of someone that did. I think for that money I would just buy a new one or consider other watches. $60 bucks is nothing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since I found out this model a few months ago, I keep thinking can this model use 6900's bezel?
I read somewhere that a model can use 6900's bezel, but I forget which model.

Sent from Nexus 4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts