WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow WIS,

I'm currently looking for (yes) another diver to add to my humble collection. This time, I'm after something a bit more unusual/retro looking. So far I've been tempted by the Daraz Aurora, Aevig Uldra and the Seiko Monster. If anyone of you could add more suggestions to the table if would be greatly appreciated.

Couple of things to know, I'm 5'7 feet tall with skinny wrist (6.25 inches) and willing to spend up to...let's say 800 potatoes.

Thank you,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
A different kind of retro than the ones you've shown, but the Seiko SNZH series has a clear throwback look. Here's an SNZH57 (random internet pic):
SNZH57.jpg
That bezel has a crystal top layer, which is a really nice look. Other watches in the line are black, blue, white, even blacker, and (hideously) golder. I've personally been considering getting the 57 and putting it on a distressed brown strap -- very old-school.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A different kind of retro than the ones you've shown, but the Seiko SNZH series has a clear throwback look. Here's an SNZH57 (random internet pic):
View attachment 2599730
That bezel has a crystal top layer, which is a really nice look. Other watches in the line are black, blue, white, even blacker, and (hideously) golder. I've personally been considering getting the 57 and putting it on a distressed brown strap -- very old-school.
This would look killer on a shark mesh strap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey Philippe,

if retro is your thing, there are few more retro than Helson's tribute to the early Blancpain FF:

HELSON_SKINDIVER_WHOLE2.jpg HELSON_SKINDIVER_SIDE1.jpg

Listed for 750USD on rubber or 800 on mesh.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Both unusual in shape/size with a retro California dial the Maranez might be a candidate.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Halios Tropik , Prometheus divers, zelos helmsman , Steinhart marine officers , and those aevigs come to mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts