WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I really liked the Beast but after wearing it for a while, the complications proved useless and then got irritating. Could not read the 24 hour or second time dials most of the time. So I returned it. But I really liked having a big, gaudy G-Shock on my wrist. Been looking for one less cluttered and more useful and decided on the GWG-1000-1AJF Mudmaster. We'll see if I like it any better, but I think the analog/digital combo might work better for me. Will share my thoughts when it gets here.

GPW-1000T-1AJF_l.jpg

GWG-1000-1AJF_l.jpg

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
out of curiosity, how does one wear a watch "for a while" then return it?
Not sure about the OP's situation. But in US, retails usually have a 30 days return period, even for watches. Walmart at one point had a 90 days return period (not sure still the same way) for watches, which I think is way too much! Unless the person kept the watch in a box, no way you would expect the watch would come back still in brand new condition. That's why there are so many lot sales on watches, most from returned and written off merchandise from dept stores.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
^^^^ My Mudmaster came without the plastic cover on the buckle as well. It did not bother me, since the rest of the watch was 100% spotless brand new smelling, but definitely someone before me has opened it.

Also, when I checked some stores in Japan during our visit, some of them wanted to sell the display model to me (I specifically asked if I would be buying floor model or one out of the stock room).

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
That's why there are so many lot sales on watches, most from returned and written off merchandise from dept stores.
thats how i just got my Capt, America G. it was a return after 1 day and couldnt be sold as new. it was sold for appx cost.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Not sure about the OP's situation. But in US, retails usually have a 30 days return period, even for watches. Walmart at one point had a 90 days return period (not sure still the same way) for watches, which I think is way too much! Unless the person kept the watch in a box, no way you would expect the watch would come back still in brand new condition. That's why there are so many lot sales on watches, most from returned and written off merchandise from dept stores.
Evine.com has a lot of watches for sale and their return period is 30 days. In some cases, the watch has a tag attached and if it is removed, the watch cannot be returned. But in a number of instances, people have bought supposedly brand-new watches from them, only to receive a watch where the packaging was not in good condition and the watch had clearly been worn.

AFAIK, places that allow returns & refunds on watches, regardless of the time involved, expect the watch to be returned in new, unworn condition. However, I'm sure many people do not do this. Years ago when working in a K-mart as a teenager I witnessed people returning shoes and even clothes for a refund - when they had obviously been worn for a long time!! Yet K-mart allowed it - and many people took advantage of their policies.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
theres plenty of places that will take back items in as new condition but I don’t know any that would take back something that has been used simply cos they didn’t like it. I wouldn’t even know what to say bringing it back, id feel like the biggest deadbeat haha im sure the bigger stores would if you were one of those ppl that get vocal going on about “I know my rights!”.

Evine.com has a lot of watches for sale and their return period is 30 days. In some cases, the watch has a tag attached and if it is removed, the watch cannot be returned. But in a number of instances, people have bought supposedly brand-new watches from them, only to receive a watch where the packaging was not in good condition and the watch had clearly been worn.

AFAIK, places that allow returns & refunds on watches, regardless of the time involved, expect the watch to be returned in new, unworn condition. However, I'm sure many people do not do this. Years ago when working in a K-mart as a teenager I witnessed people returning shoes and even clothes for a refund - when they had obviously been worn for a long time!! Yet K-mart allowed it - and many people took advantage of their policies.
But yes, this. had friends working at kmart with similar stories of ppl wearing $15 kmart shoes for months then bringing them back saying they “fell apart”. I used to work in a supermarket and ppl did the same thing with food! Eat nearly a whole box of crackers, wait a day or two for the remainder to go stale then return it saying they tasted off >_< Completely no shame!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts