WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past 12-18 months have been a tumultuous period for my personal watch collection - not necessarily in a bad way, but stability has certainly been hard to find and the average lifespan of my watches has not been long...

I've been exploring brands, sizes, and styles for the first time in my adult life - as much as my budget will allow - and it has been a wonderful-if-painful learning experience about what I enjoy in theory vs. what I actually like wearing on my wrist. It's taken me from vintage Datejusts and Air Kings to limited edition Oris drivers and many things in-between, and hasn't been without its silly decisions or sunk costs, offset by a few decent "flips."

One of the first casualties of this learning curve was my Omega Seamaster Professional reference 2254.50 - what I (and some others) regard as perhaps one of the cleanest modern SMPs and best "non-Bond" Omegas. The 41mm size, solid sword hands, black wave dial, and red-tipped seconds hand come together to create what I think is the most balanced "dress diver" and a great value for the price point, even as values have been creeping up lately.

In short, I love(d) this piece, but parted ways with it - and have regretted that decision ever since, consciously and unconsciously. It was the sale of my 2254.50 that jump-started my revolving door of watches this past year.

I'm happy to say that as 2020 comes to a close, I've found some stability - and have been reunited with the 2254.50, as of just earlier today thanks to the great team over at Watch Vault NYC. I am selling off most of my existing collection, both to fund this purchase and to ensure it gets ample wrist time as part of a streamlined watchbox.

First post in the Omega subforum & relatively new member of watchuseek so greetings to all and look forward to learning from others here.

Cheers to our hobby, our health, and to 2021 🍻

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Fantastic score! I recently did the same a few months ago. Quite possibly the “perfect watch” in my eyes.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congratulations my friend! That’s one that I can’t seem to keep my mind off of for the last year or so. My PO and Co-Axial Bond are mainstays of my collection and will be heirloom pieces for sentimental reasons, but I can’t help but want to add a 2254 to the collection in spite of the similarities and redundancy. Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the best watches Omega ever made, but promise me you'll get the right bracelet that it deserves.
Definitely open to bracelet recommendations - which one were you referring to specifically?
I have a stainless steel mesh bracelet with solid end links on order, but was planning to add at least one more to the stable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely open to bracelet recommendations - which one were you referring to specifically?
I have a stainless steel mesh bracelet with solid end links on order, but was planning to add at least one more to the stable.
I believe he is referring to the speedy style 3 link bracelet as you see in the other pictures.

The 2254.50 came with a speedy style bracelet. The 2054.50 is the same exact watch with the bond bracelet as you have. Same exact watches, just different straps/bracelets.

Congrats on getting it back. Mine will soon be 14 years old, and I have no plans on getting rid of it. Was my daily for most of those years, but is now part of the regular rotation. Love the classic design which is timeless, and goes with everything. It has great lume, and is super thin as well compared to my planet ocean, and some other pieces.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe he is referring to the speedy style 3 link bracelet as you see in the other pictures.

The 2254.50 came with a speedy style bracelet. The 2054.50 is the same exact watch with the bond bracelet as you have. Same exact watches, just different straps/bracelets.

Congrats on getting it back. Mine will soon be 14 years old, and I have no plans on getting rid of it. Was my daily for most of those years, but is now part of the regular rotation. Love the classic design which is timeless, and goes with everything. It has great lume, and is super thin as well compared to my planet ocean, and some other pieces.
Ahhh - got it, thanks for clarifying. I actually did not realize that the 2254 was not originally sold with the "bond bracelet" - IIRC, my earlier 2254 also had the bond bracelet when I bought it.

I'll have to look into getting the speedy-style 3-link then for it as well, if I can find an authentic one at a decent price...or maybe just get a high quality aftermarket clone.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Congrats man! I have sold mine earlier this year and I do miss it often. Trying to downsize the collection, but it’s a hell of a versatile watch. Hope it brings you years of satisfaction.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats man! I have sold mine earlier this year and I do miss it often. Trying to downsize the collection, but it’s a hell of a versatile watch. Hope it brings you years of satisfaction.
Thank you sir! I have also been downsizing and it's a tall order...but this one made the cut. Cheers

·
Registered
844 Posts
For me, it was a diver overlap with Sub 114060. It is hard to downsize, you have to be ruthless 🥴. Wish I could keep them all!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Always loved the 2254, one of the best modern Seamasters no question and a likely all time classic. Well done for rectifying your mistake of getting rid.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cheers to you finding that piece that finally puts you in peace! I’m still in search of that watch that will finally scratch that itch. I’m not going to hold my breath, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Among their modern-era watches, the 2254 and 2255 will be hard for Omega to top, ever, IMO. Clean design, vintage vibes with the sword hands, and slim profiles.

Reactions: wilsalex14
1 - 20 of 32 Posts